1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No DVD menu

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by Scuba32, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Scuba32

Scuba32 Member

Help i'm using smartripper to rip dvd to my hard drive. i've read that i should rip all the files and in other messages i've read to rip the file that are already selected, and locate the file with the dvd menu... I've been making back-up that play with just chapters and no menus... One thing that i would like to accomplish is add the dvd menus in... If there is some one that could help steer me in the right direction i would be grateful and pass the knowledge along.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

You need all the files to use the menu. You could use dvdshrink.

3. Scuba32

Scuba32 Member

i'm lost using the shrinker... The file are too big should i use the compression options to make it fit... then if i do will i lose quality and will the dvd menu still be in place?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2003
  4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Most dvds are too big to fit on a dvd-r. If you don't want the extras, compress them to still pictures and get rid of their sound. Also remove all the sound from the main movie except for AC3 6-ch English. You will probably still have to compress the movie a little, but you won't see any loss in quality. The extra features wont work, but you will still have the menu and chapter selection screen.

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member