1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No DVD support on Nero 5.5

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pio4030, Nov 27, 2003.

1. pio4030

pio4030 Regular member

I looked at the guide for Nero 6 Burning Rom, and it says to choose DVD from the drop-down menu at the top. I have Nero 5.5 and it doesn't have a drop-down menu at all. According to the guide, if I don't have the drop-down menu then that version of Nero does not support DVD burning. Is this true?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'm using 5.5.10.54 to burn files made by DVD Shrink. When Nero is open you should be able to go to 'File' and click 'New' which will open the 'New Compilation' window where there should be a drop-down to allow a choice between CD or DVD.

Did you purchase your copy of Nero by itself or did it come bundled with something? I'm not sure if that would make a difference. Maybe someone else could shed more light on this.

3. pio4030

pio4030 Regular member

It could be bundled, but I am not sure. Someone said you have to have the burner hookeup and turned on, then the drop down menu will show. I did that, and I still don't get the drop down menu. Why? What's goin on?

4. pio4030

pio4030 Regular member

Also, when I go to choose Recorder at the top, it doesn't even show my external DVD on there. Only my internal CD burner. How do I get it to show? I am getting frustrated as to why nothing is working like it is suppose to.

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Nero has to support your burner -- upgrade to the very, very latest version of Nero v5.x and your burner is most likely supported in that version (provided that you don't want to upgrade to 6.x).

6. pio4030

pio4030 Regular member

I have Nero 5.5.5.6. Does this support DVD burning? Also, when I go to choose Recorder at the top, it doesn't even show my external DVD on there. Only my internal CD burner. How do I get it to show?

7. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

As a Nero customer, you can download freely the update for Nero 5.5, latest one seems to be 5.5.10.54, so you're quite badly behind the version numbers with your version and I'm sure your burner will be supported with the latest version.

8. uglyget

uglyget Guest

buy the latest version of nero 6 and all probs will dissappear

9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'd still say to upgrade to 5.5.10.54 before you lay out any cash if you don't have to. Just go to Nero's site and check out the support section where you can download it. As long as you have some version of 5.5 on your machine it'll be detected and upgraded. The version you have is pretty old and may not support your drive whereas chances are good .54 may. It's worth a shot.

10. koola

koola Guest

You can get DVD support with this version pio4030, you just need to get the DVD plugin which will then allow you to have DVD support.

You can download this Plugin at my website. Link below :D