1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No image when capturing on Pinnacle 9 SE

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Joem007, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Joem007

Joem007 Member

I am having trouble capturing on Pinnacle 9 SE using firewire and a JVC miniDV camcorder. I have made sure that all my connections are done properly but when I go to capture my camera starts playing and everything looks like its going right except i don't get any images coming up while capturing on pinnacle 9 SE. Can anyone please help
    Joem007

2. glenpinn

glenpinn Guest

hi there, i dont know if i can help, but i now have the same problem capturing from my panasonic nv-gs70 camcorder to my pc (with firewire) to my h/drive on any capture program (i have 4)
    i have winxp pro installed with sp2.
    my vids would capture ok before i installed sp2 3 weeks ago, now i cant get an image or start capture in any program.
    i can still get an image in my lcd screen, and i even get an image on the preview screen on one of my capture programs, but none of them will capture.
    the error message i get in premier 6.5 reads as follows.

"unable to connect to native microsoft DV support on this machine, this setting was designed ONLY to work with an OHCI ieee firewire/ilink card, with approved microsoft DV driver. uninstall the drivers of your OHCI 1394 firewire/ilink card (in my case i have onboard firewire on my asus a7n8x del mobo) then install the new drivers in the add new hardware section in the control panel"

i have no idea what all this means, suffice to say it must be something that happened when i installed sp2, cos it was working great b4 i did that (sp2 stuffed up lots of things on my pc, had to get new everthing, and my pc is nearly new)

anyway, not sure if u got the same thing, otherwise i have no idea.

good luck anyway.....GLEN