1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no input signal on archos av440 when trying to record from sky

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Jiggery, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Jiggery

Jiggery Member

Help! I'm proud owner of the fab av440 as of saturday. as an mp3 player - great. recording direct from dvd player - great. can i get a signal from my sky box [not sky+] or sony vcr? er, no i can't. like a lot of people this was my main reason for choosing this over the host of pocket video PLAYERS. can anyone help? i've tried every scart socket on the tv [sony], vcr [sony] and digibox [pace/sky] and the red, white and yellow sockets on the front of tv [though i understand these are probably only input sockets]. gutted of london, j

2. greg6975

greg6975 Member

I live in the U.S., so this might not apply. In the VideoCorder, hit settings (middle button) and go down to Source. Here you can select the input type. I don't know if there are options for this in European models, but if so, this may be selected wrong.

Hope this helps...

3. driffty

driffty Member

this may sound obvious but have you got the right cables connected,ie,video in and not video out.
    i recorded from my sky digi box only last night with no trouble at all.
    i connected the av in leads to a scart converter and then into vcr scart on the back of the sky box,
    good luck.
    neil

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  4. Jiggery

Jiggery Member

many thanks for your replies greg & driffty - good to know there's other archos users out there havin' fun. i ended up getting a new archos which now works fine. can record from sky, vcr and dvd no problems. haven't quite done my homework on if u can record terrestrial on archos while recording sky on vcr but how often do u need that anyway. is it easy enough to set up the stations to auto record different channels or do u find it best using the 'autoview' function on sky. no worries if u don't have time to reply i'll keep fiddling. j