1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Ipod profile in recode after January Nero update

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by ChiknLitl, Feb 25, 2007.

1. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

HELP!! I am using recode2 version 2.4.5.0. I am not getting the "nero digital profile" drop down menu after recent January update. I also don't have the "profile category" drop down menus either. Tried reinstall, ipod plugged in, itunes runnung...nothing.
    All I see when opening the "More" button is the Nero default tab with no other tabs or settings. WTF?!! This was working fine before the install. Any help?? Thanks in advance!

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

When you updated your Nero, which version did you upgrade to...

3. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Are you on the Nero Digital Titles Tab. My newest version still has the items to which you refer.

4. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

Yep. There's nothing refering to the ipod anywhere. The "Nero digital category" tab on the right only has the 2 nero options and sony memory stick options. No profiles or tabs that are supposed to be above the "content/duration" window.

5. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

You might do a repair of the iTunes install. Go to Add Remove Programs and do a "Repair" of iTunes. If you haven't gotten any nag screens from iTunes, it may not be necessary, but I don't know for sure, but installing Nero over iTunes has caused me problems in the past.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  6. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

If I uninstall the Jan update (?7.7.x.x) and reinstall 7.5.x.x I have ipod recognition under the nero digital tab on the right. It looks like the new update has better functionality though, according to the nero site. I will try the repair of itunes and report back. Thanks! BTW, I am running itunes 7, latest update, and ipod software 1.2.1.

Sorry Gwendolin, I didn't see your reply before. I updated to 7.7.5.1 from 7.5.9.0.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  7. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I don't know when they moved the boxes and options around, but the tutorial shows several tabs with iPod options. The new one only has the drop down box on the right and it doesn't even have the iPod "Fit To" entry. Of course, I don't have the video iPod, so maybe that is why.

If you can't get it to work in the latest version, about all I could guess would be an install problem of some kind.