1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No more FixVTS: Now what?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by teflonmyk, Apr 24, 2007.

1. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

Now that FixVTS is no longer being developed, what do you guys/gals use to clean up your DVD files.

I primarily use the AnyDVD/CloneDVD2 (we all know that, when used together, this combo rarely "hiccups") combo along with DVD Rebuilder with CCE. There are, however, a significant amount of movies that fall in that "sweet spot" that I use Recode2 on, and, as most of you know, there are some titles that require ripping and some clean-up before Shrink or Recode2 can analyze them. Also, when processing a title for use with Rebuilder, I'd always rip with AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter, then clean-up with FixVTS before encoding.

I've seen references to the likes of VOB Blanker, IFO Edit, and PGC Edit. Can we now, in one thread, get input on what combo does the best job and which are more "newbie" friendly? Also, how good of a job does DVDFab Decrypter do cleaning up files? I've used DVDFab in the past, but not nearly on enough titles to know how good of a job it does "cleaning up."

Thanks in advance for your input...

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

There's nothing wrong with the last version of FixVTS.

3. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

I am aware that the latest version is still very much capable. I am just trying to prepare for the inevitable since it is no longer supported. I'd like to be proficient with other apps before FixVTS is no longer capable...

4. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

I really don't see the need for an update coming. The last update was only because it needed to be able to detect 99 VTS's. That's the max allowed.

5. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

DVDFab+VobBlanker+Recode2 has never let me down(except saw 3)

to me VobBlanker is waaaaaay better than FixVTS, but as far as ease FixVTS is better,
    although
    i think that VobBlanker just looks like it is complicated but really isnt(if all you want to do is fix all the structure and clean the files) basically its three steps,
    1.Open the Video_ts.IFO file
    2.Create an Output folder
    3.Hit the process button

I'm sure if alkohol was around he would say the same thing.
    heres the betas for VobBlanker
    http://download.videohelp.com/jsoto/betas/

6. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

Cool... Thanks!!! I know alkohol is a BIG advocate of VOB Blanker...