1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No one can answer this question

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by soban, Apr 17, 2003.

1. soban

soban Member

hi

i have problem with the playback of video files. the white color in the screen appears too white. for example a person is wearing white shirt and has his arms across his body then i will not be able to see his arms. Another good example for this is the shiny faces. i was watching a downloaded movie and i couldnt see the half face of the person because it was shinig too much.

OK now this problem is not related to brightness setting of the my windows media player 9. i tried to adjust the problem by adjusting the brightness of monitor and the player but it does not work.

can anyone please help

thanks

2. PS2FREAK

PS2FREAK Member

Hi I'm a new user but I think i might know the solution. Is ur screen a "flat screen" sort off, cos i find that if you are on a weird angle (especially with lap tops) the colours will look really weird and u wont be able to see it properly. If u have a flat screen, try looking at it on a different angle.

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Depends on the files you are downloading, i mean if they are cam copies, they do tend to be extremely bright!!

4. soban

soban Member

thanks for the replies.

i want to say two things.

1- no. its not the angel of view problem since my monitor is not perfectly flat and secondly i am watching it in perfectly straight and not from an angel.

2- dela the movies are dvd rip and it happens with only videos and not with the games.

following software i use to play movies

divx 2.1 player
    koeppi xvid codec
    ac3 codec
    windvd
    wmp 9

thanks

5. Dela

Ah that sucks, thos codecs look fine and windvd kicks ass at playing stuff so i dont have a clue what it could be! sorry man!

6. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

There is an option in XVID that I think can cause this. If my memory serves me I think the option is lumi masking and it pulls bits from very light and very dark areas to put those bits to use in other areas. The idea behind this is that the human eye cannot tell great differences in detail in light and dark areas so the bits can be put to better use elsewhere. Unfortunately this option is not a playback option so if that's the problem it would have to be redone from the original dvd.

7. soban

soban Member

thanks for replies guys.

well lucky for me that i found the solution for the problem.

i have all in wonder radeon 7500 graphic card and apparently after updating its driver problem has been pretty much solved.

so all u people with ati cards if u reading this and have the same problem, u know what u got to do.

8. Dela

I hate problems like that! lol There's always something!!

9. soban

soban Member

:)

i think forum should also include hardware related section too.

what do u think?

10. Dela

lol, yeh! :)