1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no screen

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by hazepurple123, Oct 3, 2012.

1. hazepurple123

hazepurple123 Member

hi,
    don't know where else to post this .. my cpu starts beeping and then the screen goes off and back on after half a minute and on again.. i replaced the fan but to no effect..

2. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

Which Fan? CPU fan? Try to reseat the processor with new goop. It sounds like it is overheating. Get canned air and spray out any dust. Practice cable management to maximize airflow. Are you overvolting the processor for Overclock?

Alternatively it *might* be a video card issue.

3. hazepurple123

hazepurple123 Member

how do i know about overvolting for overclock ? or how can i detect if its a video card problem?
    thanks

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

you aren't if you don't know about overvolting & overclocking. what fan did you replace as in case fan, cpu fan, videocard fan or power supply fan? did you try another power supply? look at the silver top cans on the motherboard that they are not domed as they are supposed to be flat topped nor leaking brown stuff. onboard video or a video card & if a videocard does the motherboard also have onboard video? try clearing the cmos as have found that to work sometimes to kickstart a stubborn system.

5. hazepurple123

hazepurple123 Member

it was the cpu fan , motherboard looks ok, will have to check power supply..
    thanks