1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NO SIGNAL ON STARVIEW

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by 003294, Apr 20, 2007.

1. 003294

003294 Member

I keep getting a message on my starview box which says No signal, can anyone please help?

I have a 3 way splitter at the front of my house, one connection goes to the upstairs bedroom for the internet, which works fine, the other connection goes to the front room which also has a starview box and it works fine,

The problem is with the final connection which is in the kitchen, which is roughly 20 meteres away from where the outside main brown box sits. I try and connect the starview box and it says 'no signal' I've connected that same starview box at the front of the house and it works fine, so i know its not the starview box

The 20 - 30 meteres of wire which runs to the kitchen has been cut in 2 places and the cut joints have been re connected with one of them f type connecters to continue running the lead to the back of the house

any suggestions?
    yahyaraje@hotmail.com

2. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

Hi, Try connecting the cable to some other connector on your splitter. Most probably its one dodgy connection from your splitter. Try starview with other connector If it works its fine elseyour cable joints might not be tight. double check them.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  3. 003294

003294 Member

Thanks, managed to sort out the problem, the pin where the cable connects wasn't long enough for a signal to pass, so cut more of the sheeting and exposed more copper wire, works perfect, no need for no signal boosters

Yahya