1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"no signal" problem on my panasonic plasma

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by mack81, Mar 13, 2009.

1. mack81

mack81 Member

I have a 42 inch panasonic plasma TH-42PX80B, its nearly 10 months old now and its nearly out of warrenty so i need to fix this problem i'm having.
    every now and then when i turn my tv on it will say no signal on dtv, when i rescan the channels it wont find anything and switch to analog. i can keep rescanning but nothing comes up. i usually unplug everything and cut power completely and leave it for ten to fifteen minutes and try it all again, sometimes it works and my tv will find all the dvb services but sometimes it takes hours to get working again. i have tried another tv (37 inch lcd) on my coaxle when the problem happens and that will work fine so i know its not the signal.
    I have spoken to panasonic many times about this problem because it started happening 6 months after i purchased the tv and they have had engineers pick up my tv twice to try and fix it but both returned the tv after 2 weeks saying they had no problems.
    i really dont understand whats going on with it as when it works it can be fine for weeks but every now and then ( and its happening more often) i will turn the tv on to find no signal and have to mess about unplugging and hoping it comes back on.

i'm hoping somebody might know whats happening so please all feedback is appreciated

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Talk to your cable supplier, tell them the whole story (but leave out the 37" TV working). Maybe it is on their end.