1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sir I dont want to convert... oh fu@# it did it again..

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by otomon, Jan 12, 2007.

1. otomon

otomon Member

Yo I got one of them dvd players and well it has a sticker on it that says that it reads avi files, So I burned a bunch of avi as a data dvd because I dont have a program that makes the avi files into a dvd movie, Nero just converts them into MPG files and edited by ddp and that is not what I want because I want the pure avi file, no conversion and no encoding edited by ddp, anyways I burned them and when I turn on my dvd player and pop in the dvd it shows like an index which is pretty weird cause I never seen an index on a dvd altougth a dvd player is sorta like a computer...
    Anyways it does read the files but they are "kind of laggy" I am guessing because I made it into a data dvd.. anyways after this long-ass post if your still readin..

I want to know what program to use to make a dvd-movie type WITHOUT CORNVERTING THE FILES INTO MPG

That is all.

edited by ddp

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

1) It is normal to get a file browser for a data disc.
    2) You can't have a "dvd-movie type" without converting and that means converting to MPEG-2.

The files shouldn't be laggy just because you burnt to a data DVD. If anything most players handle files on DVD's better due to faster data transfer rates. Either your player is buggy or the files are buggy or out of specs with what your SAP supports. PC's are more forgiving than SAP's, so just because a file plays ok on a PC doesn't mean it will on a hardware player.

3. otomon

otomon Member

Thats some nice edited by ddp.. so can you explain it in english what I must do to get rid of the lagg on my dvd player? They do play perfectly on pc but sometimes lagg on the dvd player... is there a program or something? Sorry if Im being rude but I dont understand this SAP bussiness...

EDIT:Forgot to tell you that sometimes(like 50% of the time) my dvd player fails to read the files and just says "No Disc" and I have tried like 4 different dvd players... from different companies...

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

what version of nero do you have ? all you have to do is make a data disk, don't click on make a movie disk! also if you go to the top of this page and if you look at the left of the page you will see a tab that reads guides just click on that tab and you will find all the information on how to do this, good luck

5. otomon

otomon Member

I don`t want to sound rude but you are not helping at all man!
    I got Nero 7 (retail) and it aint pirated or edited by ddp, its the real freaking deal so I don`t think thats the problem why its laggy....
    Also if you actually read my post you would have learned 2 things:

1)I don`t want to burn as data dvd because the dvd player laggs when I do that,if I try to burn mpg files they dont lagg at all...
    2)I don`t want to convert to mpg and the guides "up there" are all about converting to mpg

Thanks for you time. You post edited by ddp... KIDDING XD

6. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

With attitude like you've got, you'll get zilch on here, my friend.

You want to burn avis, burn them as a data disk. What don't you understand about that? They "lagg", which you can't even spell properly, buy some proper disks instead of wal-mart crap. Maybe they are not encoded right? Oh, i forgot, you know everything already, well, find the answer yourself Mr Genius.

7. otomon

otomon Member

What attitude? All I did was ask for help and say Im sorry If Im being rude? You are weird...

Anyways I got fairly decent dvd.. they are called "Retail Plus"(LOL),and yeah I have tried burning other thing besides avis and like I said they dont lag and also I dont wish to convert as it beats the purpose of paying 100$ for an Xvid dvd player...

8. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

otomon yah you do have a attitude, the people are trying to help cuzz you say (but I dont understand this SAP bussiness) all you have to do is open your mind and shut your mouth! we are giving you good info on how to do what you need to do, also no one said anything about pirated software, like i said if you just make a data cd of your avi files they will play on a dvix player, how hard is that? also you version of nero will convert your avi file's to dvd, when it showes as a index just use your remote and highlight that file and click play and it should play,

9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

otomon, knock it off & listen to the people. also watch the language as i've edit some of your posts.