1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no sound after rip

Discussion in 'Audio' started by shanem, Aug 16, 2004.

1. shanem

shanem Guest

i'm trying to rip a cd "killswitch engage" but every time i get the files ripped there is no sound. i've tried using dmc, clone cd and alcohol with the same result.
    also the cd won't play in any computer i've tried it in and only one out of three can even recognize it. any ideas

2. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

Im guessing that the fact various computers dont recognise the disc is that it's copy protected. I however use a plextor cd-rw which enables me to back up all my own copy protected cd's.

3. shanem

shanem Guest

thanks for the reply djcsurf, but i thought that the purpose of the software i was using was to bypass the copy protection. Am i mistaken?
    also the newest drive i tried it in was a nec 1300a. what's the difference between that and your plextor?
    thanks again.

4. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

I dont use any of the 'copy protected appz' but the way im guessing it must work is to have total access to the cd being copied. As the pc in the first place is not recognising (unable to open) the disc, the software is unable to do this. I had similar problems but my plextor drive is able to read ALL my copy protected cd's. I dont know anything about your drive, try cd-r(w) forum for any advice.
    Sorry couldn't be anymore help