1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound in Divx Player for Various Xvids..

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by CrisCr0ss, Mar 25, 2005.

1. CrisCr0ss

CrisCr0ss Member

Well i have a few xvids but after burning to dvd+rw the video quality is amazing, however their is no audio.

How do i convert the AC3 audio to Mp3 etc.. So that it can play in my Philips DVP642 DivX player.

I am sure its the AC3 audio not being compatible and therefore not playing because all my Xvids are using AC3 and the ones that do not use it work flawlessly.

I would like to simply convert the audio w.e doing anything to the video.

Thanks in Advance.

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Open the AVI with NanDub.
    Select File > Save WAV
    This will strip the audio file from the AVI and save it to disk as a WAV file.
    If AC3 it will still be an AC3, but it will be named *.wav
    You must convert this compressed audio file to standard WAV (PCM). I use CDex:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_software/cd-da_extractors/cdex.cfm
    You can then re-compress the big WAV to MP3 using whichever method pleases you :^)
    I use LAME VBR, encoded with CDex.
    A typical AC3 2.0 will use ~192kbs bitrate.
    You can match this filesize encoding (obviously) CBR @ 192kbs, or VBR MTBH @ 128(min) 256(max); VBR 3; Q=0
    Re-mux the final AVI again using NanDub.
    Select 'direct-stream copy' for the video (important!) and your new MP3 sound file for audio.
    Interleave every 1 frame (which is default ;^)
    Hopefully quick & easy, with no audio-sync problems.
    So, you standalone-player guys get messed up by AC3 audio? That's fooked up eh - the player plays DVDs with AC3 no problem, what's up with that!?
    But if you have all the tools, and become proficient with them, you can 'fix' an AC3 AVI in no time - like maybe in 1/2 hour.
    So it's a bit of a pain but no biggie...
    Ask back here if you encounter any difficulties,
    Regards

3. sirbob575

sirbob575 Guest

heres a thought......when your converting your xvid to dvd format using whatever program u use....a lot of times the audio stream is completely different..even if its Ac3.....when i encountered this problem i just used adobe audition.........if u have it....just use the extract audio from video file and use that instead of the xvid avi as the audio source and the dvd file should play with sound.....hope this helps