1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound on playback ???

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by zooco, May 7, 2008.

1. zooco

zooco Regular member

I used ConvertXToDVD v2.2.3.258 to convert a TV series to DVD ( i.e. 4 episodes in wmv format to DVD format ) . After burning it to DVD, I played the DVD disc to watch on TV; the first episode was o.k. However , episodes 2,3 & 4 were mute ( no sound at all ! ) . What really bothering me was that the same DVD disk played O.K. on my PC with a media player and all episiodes were with sound !

I reburnt the same DVD files with 3 different burning programs ( i.e.Nero, Ashampoo and Prassi Ones ) the same problem persisted !!

What's going here ? Please help ...

2. edge2000

edge2000 Member

Watch all the episodes with Windows Media Player and make sure that they all have sound. Then try to use DVD Flick to burn a disc image, DVD folder, or direct to DVD burn. DVD Flick has always worked for me. If you decide to burn a DVD folder, you will get an AUDIO_TS and a VIDEO_TS folder. Once you find the VIDEO_TS folder, the (bup vob and ifo) files
    should be burnt to a dvd with a program like nero.

3. zooco

zooco Regular member

4. edge2000

edge2000 Member

If it works fine on your pc that means that you have all the necessary codex. Make sure your DVD player is connected to your tv properly and that the sound cables are nicely connected. I had no probs with DVD Flick when I used it to burn a DVD with episodes of The Simpsons. I had the exact same setup as you with all the files in wmv. I doubt that there is any problem with the encoder or the burner. Once again check that the vids have sound using VLC or Windows Media Player.

If you want me to test it out, send me episode 2, 3 , or 4 and I will try to encode it myself. By the way, for DVD flick remember to change the region code from PAL to NTSC if you live in the Americas.

Find out how to send me the file. If under 100mb send with mediafire.com
    Then send me the link through a private message.

Til then I will think about all the possible ways this can be corrected

Edge

5. zooco

zooco Regular member

6. edge2000

edge2000 Member

I got your links. I will try episodes 3 and 4. It will only take me around 10 minutes to download. Just give me some time as this may take me around one or two days for me to diagnose and fix the problem

Edge

7. zooco

zooco Regular member

Thanks, edge ... Take your time

BTW , let me know if you like to try out the latest version of ConvertXToDVD v3.0.0.13 :)

Best regards,

8. edge2000

edge2000 Member

Ill try first with DVD Flick. Ill post comments everyday to tell you which stage of this I am on. Check back daily!

Edge

9. edge2000

edge2000 Member

Files downloaded today. Will check integrity and sound and will encode with DVD flick.

10. edge2000

edge2000 Member

Zooco, I have made the DVD and it works fine on my DVD player and my computer.

There are two things that I can conclude:

Possible problem 1: Bad DVD. Some DVD palyers are more picky then others. They will only accept high quality Verbatim discs. Buy a Verbatim disc made in Singapore and make sure that the problem is not the media.

Possible problem 2: Wrong region. Depending on which country you are in you have to encode the DVD in either PAL or NTSC. Using DVD Flick, on the "project settings" go to video and choose region code as either PAL or NTSC. What you choose depends on where you live. For almost everywhere in the Americas the code is NTSC, and for Europe and Asia it is probably PAL. Tell me in which country you live so that I can find out which to choose.

Edge

11. edge2000

edge2000 Member

Sorry for taking three days. By the way, megaupload is fast! I will use it forever now. But all the pages on megaupload except the upload page is displayed in a foreign language. I dont know how to sign up! If I knew what language it was (Japanese, Chinese, or Korean) I could translate it with google. Hope your DVD works!

Edge

12. zooco

zooco Regular member

13. edge2000

edge2000 Member

K
    So you select NTSC so you live in the Americas.
    If Verbatim discs dont work either, I dont know how to help you anymore. You might have to ask a addict on this forum. They are usually very knowledgeable.