1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Sound Sony DCR TRV 22

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Agent86, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Agent86

Agent86 Member

Hi everyone, newbie to the mini dv world. I just bought sony dcr trv 22. When using video capture to pc via usb, there is no sound. Sound works when watching on camcorder and all other sounds from pc working.
    Thanks for any info !!

2. moggsy

moggsy Member

Just got the same cam myself - I'm using a firewire connection to get the video into my PC and it's fine.....don't know for sure, (coz I aint looked into that part of it yet) but I thought the usb might just be for the pics, not the video!
    It's not usb2 (same speed as firewire)just old usb1.1 I think - if it is, it would take forever to transfer the amount of data in the video.
    Get a 4/6 pin dv camera firewire cable and use that, assuming you've got the necessary port on your PC - if not, you can get a cheap Firewire PCI expansion card to do the job....

3. Agent86

Agent86 Member

Thanks, I'm looking into puting a firewire connection on my pc. It is supposed to work with usb also. It may have something to do with my built in soundcard.
    Still trying to work this out.
    Cheers

4. Agent86

Agent86 Member

Sony got back to me with the answer, so I will post it here for future reference.
    If there is no audio when USB streaming with PIXELA ImageMixer version 1.5 software on the Microsoft Windows XP operating system, change the USB capture device setting for sound to USB Audio Device. In the Image Mixer Tool settings, confirm the USB Capture Device settings are set for an available USB Audio Device. This setting is not defaulted to the USB streaming mode.

This would be the icon of an open end wrench in the top right hand corner of the capture environment screen.

Follow this procedure to change the USB capture device setting for sound in the Pixela ImageMixer 1.5 software.

1. In the ImageMixer window, click the USB Device Capture icon.

2. Click the Preferences icon.

3. In the Capturing/Recording Preferences window, in the USB Capture Device Setting section, click the down arrow to select the desired sound device.

4. Click the OK button.

For any request for processing or editing assistance you may visit the PIXELA help file. You may also contact them at the following website:

www.imagemixer.com