1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound when converted Divx/Xvids

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by nicky689, Apr 22, 2004.

1. nicky689

nicky689 Member

This is really bugging me can someone please help.
    I have all the codecs i need on my pc, the Divx and Xvids all play with sound. I cannot play them on my dvd player so i need to convert them, i use TMPGEnc Plus to convert to VCD, when its done i get the picture but there is no sound, Audio and Video is checked as i always make sure, this happens with 9/10 Divx and always with an Xvid. This morning i used DVD author just to see if it would play with sound on my DVD player, as i thought picture but no sound.
    What can i do, any suggestions please

2. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

this question is often asked so ill keep it short:

you have to convert the audio into wav, many many programs can do this, if u want a good prog that can do this just ask and i'll send u a link

cheerz

3. nicky689

nicky689 Member

Thanks that would be good.

4. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

[bold]I'm posting a reply here as well so every1 can benefit, as this is a common problem and some ppl are having trouble with vdub[/bold]

http://home.cogeco.ca/~avi2vcd/

ok this little program that comes with avi2vcd called decompressor.exe is a marvel, its by far the best audio decompressor ive come across and the most easiest to use, it creates a whole new file video included but with the audio converted to wav.

so download the whole avi2vcd package, install it, and ur'll find decompressor.exe with it, thats what u want, just load ur xvid/divx file into decompressor and hit convert, then load the new file it creates into tmpge and hey presto its that easy.

another thing, dont use avi2vcd to create ur vcd because the quality is absolutely shite compared to tmpge, all u want from avi2vcd is its audio decompressor ;)

cheerz m8

5. nicky689

nicky689 Member

Thanks a lot, i have downloaded it and i will try it, ill post here and let everyone know how i gt on

6. nicky689

nicky689 Member

Thanks Mick
    I have converted 2 of my films no problem, what a friendly easy program that is, tho i will agree with you the converter is shite.

Thanks again your a Star

7. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

=) npz m8y glad to hear it worked

and yeah very easy but very very good

cheerz