1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound when playing on a DVD player

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by jasoon, Jan 5, 2005.

1. jasoon

jasoon Member

I've been trying to create a DVD using the guide to go from DivX or XviD AVI to DVD I've burned my DVD when I play the DVD on the pc I get sound but when I play it on my DVD player I don't get any sound ,ive tried playing the VOB files in windvd and I have sound there.
    Anyone have any idea why I don't have sound when I play the DVD in a DVD player?

2. a.steele

a.steele Member

Hi!

I had a similar problem when trying to play my DVD in my Yamaha S530... and for me I think that the problem was down to an incompatability in the way that Nero Express 3 constructed the DVD, and how my player responded to it.

See if you can try the DVD in some other players - I think you might find that it will work in some.

A trip to the local store with your DVD in hand might be a good idea!

I purchased a Aus$99 (US$75) TEAC DVD player which plays my home-burned DVDs fine, so we use that player for the home movies - and the Yamaha for the commercial stuff.

3. jasoon

jasoon Member

i think is something to do with the sound format but im not sure it wont play in any of the 4 players i've tried

4. Dig314

Dig314 Member

I am just learning about DVD authoring.

The same situation happened with my OLD Samsung dvd-511. A PC with WinDVD has various audio/video codecs install. DVD players do not always have the same support. During the Output / Movie Creation process, I can choose either mpeg audio or something else like LCM. One mpeg DVD did not have audio; one LCM ( or whatever ) did have audio. That sums up my DVD authoring experience.

The fact that the DVD does not play audio on 4 different players could point to a different problem.

Dig

5. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

If you are trying to convert an .AVI to DVD (VIDEO_TS) try VSO DivXtoDVD.

http://www.vso-software.fr/

Will convert your .AVI to DVD in 1 step.
    Works very well !