1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound when using MyDVD to capture VHS

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by jkkvideo, Aug 26, 2004.

1. jkkvideo

jkkvideo Member

Newbie who has been trying to capture some old video tapes and burn them to DVD. I'm using an ATI 9700 All in Wonder and CL Audigy sound card with Sonic's MyDVD 5.0 LE. Plug the video and sound outs from the VCR into the purple block off the ATI card. I hear the sound perfectly when the capture is happening, but there is no sound when I start working with or previewing the captured video. Nothing is muted on the computer. Any ideas on how to fix this are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

OK...This sounds Like you do not have the "Line In" enabled in the Windows Recording Settings...

To do this Right Click the Volume Icon in your TaskBar,then go to "Open Volume Controll" and then in the Mixer window go to "Options" to "Properties" and now Click the Box next to "Recording" ,Then in the List below put a check mark next to the "Line In" box and then click "OK" at the Bottom...
    Now another Mixer window will pop up , so go to were it says "Line In" and put a Check in the Box next to "Select" and then raise the Recording volume for the Line In port to about 70% and then you can Click it off in the corner...

Now when you capture Video you will also capture the audio...And also make sure you have everything hooked up correctly and make sure you select the "Line In" port to record the Audio in the Capture software...

Cheers

Cheers