1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no sound with nero burning rom

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MrRod, Aug 18, 2004.

1. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

i just burned bowling for columbine onto dvd using first MPGEnc and then IFOedit, sent the files through nero6 burning rom, i have the picture but no sound!!....i know i added the audio (.wav)into IFOedit but for some reason i got no sound in the final outcome.
    Does anyone know what i might have done wrong or what else i can do?

2. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

i just burnt bowling for columbine again and then looked in the dvd on the pc to see what i got, i have files in the VIDEO_TS folder but nothing in the AUDIO_TS folder, does anyone know what files i'm suposed to put in the AUDIO_TS folder?

3. RyanZ06

RyanZ06 Guest

Nothing supposed to go in audio ts folder, use tmpgenc dvd author instead of iFOedit

4. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

ok, i've used TMPGEnc dvd author to convert the mpeg-2 file to vob and such like, just going to burn to the dvd and see what happens. I did read that IFOedit isn't very good on XP, is that correct?

5. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

i used TMPGEnc plus to convert the avi file again and decided to play the MPEG-2 file to make sure it's ok, i find that it has no sound!, so i gather it isn't nero rom or IFOedit that is the root cause but TMPGEnc that is, is there a setting somewhere for audio on TMPGEnc?

6. lsarich

lsarich Member

I have the same problem. Have used TMPGEnc to encode and Ifoedit to author. I burnt the DVD and looks perfect but no sound. How do you use TMPGEnc to author the DVD or is there something else that I may have done wrong?

7. Veblin

Veblin Active member

When you use TMPGEnc, on the first page of the project Wizard, just select either the CBR or VBR options with MPEG-1 Layer II Audio [MP2].

This will give you a single .mpg file that contains both the audio and video. You can play that file and check that the audio and video are correct.

TMPGEnc DVD Author can then be used to create the DVD and there should be no audio problems.

8. lsarich

lsarich Member

I selected the CBR MPEG-1 Layer II Audio in TMPGEnc and when I play back the file there is picture but no sound. Any other ideas?

9. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

you chose the stream type to either split the audio and vidoe or keep them as one file, click on ES(video+audio) at the bottom right of the start screen, you'll then get one mpeg file containing audio and video. Chosing system(audio+video) will give you two files.

10. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

ER...the other way round....sorry....system(audio+video) will give you one file as to ES(audio+video) will give you two seperate files.