1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound with WINDVD 5...

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by elzhi47, Feb 10, 2004.

1. elzhi47

elzhi47 Member

I recently got a new hard drive and lost all my dvd programs on my computer because my old one died one me. I recently installed windvd 5 on my comp and it only allows me to play the video, but I have no sound. This problem only occurs when I play dvds on my comp. Ive followed the instructions on downloading all those codecs to play video files but none of them help with my sound problem. Someone please help. thanks

2. davejmuk

davejmuk Member

Hi,

Sorry i can't be of help but would just like to say i have the same problem....No sound! Have you fixed the problem yet? I just went back to an old version.

David

3. BobHenryG

BobHenryG Member

Hi
    I cured my sound problem with Windvd5. Uninstall the program. Then I used registry mechanic to do a scan and found 4 entries in the registry relating to intervideo windvd 5. They were either filters or codecs to do with divxdec. I let registry mechanic delete them. Reinstall Windvd 5 and sound was there.
    You could probably use registry crawler to find any entries of intervideo and then delete them.
    Hope this maybe of some assistance
    Bobhenryg