1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NO SOUND!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by HelpMe!, Jan 13, 2004.

1. HelpMe!

HelpMe! Guest

Hi i used TMPGEnc to convert to mpeg file and then dvd author for vobs i then used nero as the guide says and came up with a dvd that has no sound - please help!!!!!!!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Was there any sound in the Mpeg file after encodeing with Tmpgemc???Did you even check??? Usually when going from AVI to Mpeg with Tmpgenc you need to decompress the audio in the AVI file to Wav format and then encode the File because Tmpgenc doesn"t Like Compressed audio...You should ALLWAYS watch the Mpeg file after encodeing to make sure it is OK...

3. HelpMe!

HelpMe! Guest

how do i compress the audio before hand

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

You don"t need to compress it cuz it is allready Compressed, You need to Decompress it...You can do it with Virtual-Dub by loading in your AVI file and setting the Video to "Direct Stream Copy" and setting the "audio" to "Full Proscessing Mode" then gp tp "File" to "Save AVI" and save it and in a couple minutes you will have an AVI file with Uncompressed audio that should be read by tmpgenc....

5. HelpMe!

HelpMe! Guest

you can select video to direct stream but theres no audio menu - full compression is in the same video menu?

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

7. HelpMe!

HelpMe! Guest

ah yeah, cool thanks now i got dvd with sound =)
    thankz