1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NO video on Divx in TMPGEnc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by natish, Jun 26, 2003.

1. natish

natish Member

Hopefully this hasn't been answered before in these forums. I didnt see it anywhere.
    Anyway, I just ripped a Divx movie using TMPGEnc with no problems at all. Made a VCD. Not great quality, but it worked as it should have.
    The next 3 movies I tried, I get audio but no video at all. Just a black screen. I am VERY new at TMPGEnc although I am NOT new to burning/ripping.
    I do DVDs all the time so am not a total newbie. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2003
  2. aqsg72

aqsg72 Guest

You should try this:

Open TMPGEnc and click Option > Environmental Setting... > VFAPI plug-in and change priorities as follows:

DirectShow Multimedia File Reader > 3
    AVI2(OpenDML) File Reader > 1
    AVI VFW compatibility Reader > 0
    Microsoft MPEG-1 Decoder > 0
    Wave File Reader > 0
    BMP/PPM/TGA/JPG File Reader > -2
    DVD2AVI Project File Reader 1.76 > -2
    TMPGEnc Project File Reader 2.58 > -2

If this fails to change the result you should try decompressing the file before encoding. VirtualDub should do that, some people use the decompresser.exe that is included with avi2vcd to do the job.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2003
  3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Sou8nds like you do not have the correct codecs for TMPGEnc to render the files properly! But no worries, download GSpot from the software section of this site and it will tell you exactly what codecs you need! Also do raise the prioritys as aqsg72 has suggested :)

4. natish

natish Member

I hate to be a pain in the butt,but I'm going to anyway :).
    How do you change these settings? I went to the area you suggested and right clicked. hit higher priority and nothing happened?
    Thanks VERY much for answering this.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2003
  5. aqsg72

aqsg72 Guest

I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work, unless it is a very simple cause such as ensuring the name of the file you are going to higher the priority of is highlighted. I have no other idea why it would not change the priorities from the way you have done this. The only suggestion I could make is to ensure you are using the latest version of TMPGEnc. Any thoughts Dela?

6. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Yep, you must be right clicking on the priority itself, dont right click the number, right click on the name and raise priority or else nothing happens!!