1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Video Output, Flashing Error Lights?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by TravDude, Feb 7, 2007.

1. TravDude

TravDude Member

Greetings!

I have recently been experiencing trouble with my modded xbox (it is a version 1.0 motherboard with a xenium gold 24k chip). I have been using the xbox without any problems for about six months, when it suddenly stopped operating. The xbox turns on normal for about two seconds (without video output), shuts off for another two seconds, and then turns on again. While it remains on, the dvd drive spins and the "ring of light" flashes green and orange, all without any video output. Any suggestions to what may have caused this? I've opened the xbox and haven't found any loose wires, and the mod chip is still firnly attached. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

2. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

sounds like you have a tray solder or lifted traces, have you soldered in it lately?

3. TravDude

TravDude Member

No, I haven't soldered in it at all actually. The Xenium Gold chip I have installed is solderless. Do you think it could have lost contact with the motherboard? If there was something wrong with the chip (i.e. non-working or dis-attached) would the xbox quit working like that?

Edit: I just checked the chip and it's stil firly attached,and the d0 point is still in contact.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  4. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

not sure, you have the fragging christmas lights for sure, use the search bar and look for fixes for your problem, i have the same thing on two xboxes but i know why, i have a LOT of messed up traces on my mobos

5. TravDude

TravDude Member

Thanks. Out of curiosity, would the xbox boot up normally if I just uninstalled the mod chip? While using the chip I did install a larger hard drive and several other files, although the original dashboard and files are still there. I was hoping to discern if it was a problem with the mod chip, or if I had to troubleshoot the motherboard.

6. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

not sure, that is caused by messed up traces or stray solder, i dont know what would cause yours