1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no video v1.4 w/ chameleon

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by liquid51, Jun 17, 2004.

1. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

A buddy of mine wrecked his box trying to install a chip when he tried to solder to the underside d0 (lifted several traces), which wasn't even necessary (solderless adapter). He gave me the box and said I could do whatever I wanted with it, "it's junked".
    So I fixed the traces and it boots and works just fine. I have an extra chameleon I decided to throw in, which worked fine (no errors/fragging, after a short while the tray even opens asking for the d:\bios.bin), accept that there is no video display. Nothing. It acts like there's nothing hooked to the tv. I'm using standard RCA inputs, so I know that's not the issue.
    To investigate further, I threw my xenium in the box and it works perfect, w/ video. I also put the chameleon into my working box (v1.0), and it works perfectly there as well, with video.
    Is there some sort of problem with the chameleon and a v1.4 (focus chipset)? Or is it something freaky?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2004
  2. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

if the v1.4 has not been flashed yet, then you should not get any picture, but if it has then you should get the flubber screen. on the v1.0 you should see the cromwell screen if the chip has not been flashed and the flubber if it has. most likely the chip has not been flashed and needs to be before your modding fun begins.

3. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

yea sounds like deepz is right:)
    you were right in thinking the focus chip I reckon
    After a flash the screen should do its thing

well done on the repair btw:) good for you!

4. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

hey sweetness! That's good news to hear. Sounds like the box is %100 functional. It's going to be a gift for my brother for his birthday (just have to wrangle up an hd somewhere).
    Thanks much fellas!