1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No1-Where Did All The Old Timers Go Who Helped Out Here At Afterdawn,Who's Still Here? All Please Check In! CLOSED!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andmerr

andmerr Guest

Ask dela to join this thread, he was the one who mentioned that the admins were seeking the change so i have tried very hard to follow that line of reasoning................

2. sargar

sargar Member

I agree with Lethal B. Too many people don't search and the repitition is mind numbing. However, I keep logging in because there's always something to pick up on and I would help if it's not already posted. I've been on AD for a few years and it has helped find some answers to difficult questions and I am loyal for that reason.

3. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Adding to andmerrs point, I think there is a fine line between doing the righteous thing and 'playing the mod'. If I see someone breaking the rules, I will still ask them nicely to edit out their wrongdoings & point them in the direction of the forum rules -- doesn't mean I have any interest in being a moderator..

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

and thats exactly what needs to be done, just a friendly reminder, key word being "friendly". we'll be the assholes if needed.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Someone called my name.

I'm all for the friendly reminders but I get in a real bad mood and will start banning (no matter the rank) when I see several folks gang up on some poor fellow who just joined and made a honest mistake, I've seen it happen far too often. We've all made them and to keep the atmosphere as friendly as possible ONE SINGLE reminder from ONE SINGLE user is more than enough.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I don't even do that anymore unless someone is posting baloney. There are just too many of them to be bothered with and even a single reminder can quickly errupt into a tiresome and unwanted debate.

7. andmerr

andmerr Guest

well its been a long time dave since you've been one do you need ro relearn that skill...............lol

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I totally agree Dave, I would never jump in with a second statement about a broken rule if someone else already gave any type of warning about it. Thats how the flame wars get started. One FRIENDLY reminder should be enough. If not accepted by the rule breaker then its time to use the offensive post button and let you guys handle it. Thats kind of been my way of doing this all along, but I have seen the other side of the coin also. I think most of the older members (meaning forum age) should agree on this.

Jerry

9. pulsar

pulsar Active member

If it were up to me I would get rid of the console forums. That would sort out the men from the boys.

10. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

There are a lot of users in the console forum who do post legitimate questions though. Yes, there are a lot of babyish people who post the same questions over and over, but there are a lot of people who take the console forums seriously.

-Mike

11. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

The Console Forum... I say close it as well... (sorry Mikey)

Well, the console forum is annoying for sure... Tough i bet all of us have one of our own, and it is normally chipped or 'tuned'... A lot of us have been in there looking for answers at some point... I know i have! The difference is that we rather spend time reading the previous questions AND solutions than post a question that we already know has been answered... How do we know? Because the info on that forum at this point is so vast, that you really don't need to post anything else! I mean, there's only so much you can do to a PS2! And whatever it is you want to do to it, it has been done... It's only a matter of searching!

C'mon, those kids behave like they're in the jungle... They ask a question, you answer, they say it's wrong, you ask why, then another two kids come along and start to give you stick for telling porkys about it because they heard that a mate heard that you could bla, bladibla... That ain't on! What is this, a nursery? Then they leak into the other forums and ask the same question multiple times! They use Nero to burn a DVD so they post in the media AND the Nero forums!

That's my input on the 'Console Forum' subject...

12. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

You can always go here for help with your console problems: http://gameforums.jconserv.net

As me and several others have been spammed by PM's and Shoutbox attacks...LOL

13. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

You aswel? LOL ;)

14. evilh0ly

evilh0ly Regular member

back then i check in AD always like every freakin day, but it's very sad to see some old timers leaving. these days with my personal issues, jobs, school, etc etc i have cut back my time sigificantly, but i will not leave.

15. wdowsing

wdowsing Regular member

i must agree with evilh0ly, even tho i am most disapointed at being left out ireland ;), i have only been on this a couple of times this week, due to a heavy workload and being stressed out from some f**kers at work, and i rather not come on here and take it out on people. I hope to be back in the next couple of weeks (mainly just in the Other PC Hardware) once the c*cks are off my back.

Regards

16. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Nah, it's coming back to me in fine shape.

17. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

And there was me thinking I was the only one. That sorta stuff should also be a breach of forum rules -- [bold]"Pimping sites via PM.."[/bold]

18. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Pimpin', spammin', whorein' via PM or shoutbox...LOL

Call it what you will, I call it funny. He's obviously power hungry.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  19. Buik

Buik Regular member

I have seen many good observations. The question in my mind is, what are we going to do with them?

As this is an open forum that all can view & post to, perhaps there could be an "Invitation only" thread that could address the issues expressed by our AWOL old timers.

TC

@ ireland, do you know of any spell checker add-on or extension for Fire Fox?

20. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

hell no we cant close the console forums! then where would we do target practice?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.