1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No1-Where Did All The Old Timers Go Who Helped Out Here At Afterdawn,Who's Still Here? All Please Check In! CLOSED!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for checking in buddy, good to see you still lurk. Speak to you soon :)

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

Well neph it seems you decided it was going to be you who departed, we all have been waiting with breathe abated for you to return with that jovial humour to punish the unbelievers here at AD and yes they really need to be punished.I'm not complaing but creaky.darthnip and ddp have been stretched to the limits without you.
    Good to see you return dave, you know how to get me if ye wish to chat........................

BEWARE ALL YE UNBELIEVERS THE THUNDER HAS RETURNED...............

andmerr

3. ireland

ireland Active member

JUST MADE THIS UP,SEE IF YE GUYS LIKE IT AS THE GIF IS IN MY SHOUT BOX
    and ye are welcome to use it..make sure ye select full size.
    cheers

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  4. dr_no

dr_no Regular member

Well, I still consider myself a newbie, but I also realised that many oldtimers are not posting around here as they used to.
    It could be a seasonal thing or just a coincidence.
    Anyway I'm sure it will pickup in the near future :)

5. Nicklt

Nicklt Regular member

I only joined back in late 05, and i was frenzy posting back then, i was trying to build up my personaly knowledge and i liked to help others with my knowlegde. Then i did start to notice completely pointless posts, like some idiot posted in the Blu-Ray forum "Blu-Gay, oh how funny" since then i have seen many pointless posts. I still come here when i get stuck on some issue, but i hardly ever post anymore. I mean the word assosiation game and how many posts you have posted post are completely pointless, they are not what afterdawn is about. Because of posts like that and a multitude of others, it has driven the older member away because they cant be bothered to wade through the pointless thread until they find some who is in need of help with an issue.

Also i think there are alot of people who use afterdawn as a stop gap when they are a work or college etc, i know i certainly do, when i dont have anything to do i usually spend some time on afterdawn readin guides and posts and answering threads now and then, but i think some people when they are bored do post these pointless threads and then just sit on the e-mail inbox pressing 'Refresh' until they get a reply and from there the pointless thread takes off. Just my 2 pence

6. Buik

Buik Regular member

Yes, I agree that the older members get burned out. There are too many children who are posting here now.

Scubapete was a good one that I miss.

And, if it is not the result of a language translation program, then more people need to learn how to spell. Or at least check their posts more closely before they reply. Also respondents don't seem to be really reading posts before they reply. Not trying to understand what they are reading, but just emotionalizing on the first thing they do not like.

Yes, it all makes me want to "lurk" instead of participate.

TC

7. Nicklt

Nicklt Regular member

Yeah, i have seen myseld some threads have turned into fights. I myself am 17 so still a kid, and even i see some posts are really childish. I hope this is just a cycle and things get better because for me Afterdawn is a really useful site, full of useful people.

8. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ buik, have pm'd you where ye can find scubapete these days.

@ ireland: sorry man but animation is the spelling.Not amination.You have the N and M around the wrong way.I know how long it takes you to do all these gifs but spelling is paramount in these things and we do need to set as good as an example as we can.......lol

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2006
  9. pulsar

pulsar Active member

@ Neph, hiya buddy, long time no hear. Always good to see you around.

10. ireland

ireland Active member

QUOTE:andmerr

@ ireland: sorry man but animation is the spelling.Not amination. You have the N and M around the wrong way.I know how long it takes you to do all these gifs but spelling is paramount in these things and we do need to set as good as an example as we can.......lol

I fixed the miss-spelling in animation..now am i good boy??
    also i found another error and fixed it!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  11. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

2 questions.

What is the auto promote thing?

Why dont we get rid of the rankings? (there not needed are they?)

When i first started i was in the xbox section, helping everybody. But after a few months of that you feel like your just quoting yourself time after time, cause its all the same questions over and over. So i just started posting links to their answers trying to show people that most answers are just a google away. (give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish he never goes hungry again. right.)

and now its all arguing about which console is better. X360 or PS3.
    not really anything anybody can do about it though.

I think that everybody just needs a break, then everthing will go back to normal.

If i where the owner of AD, i would shut it down for 4 months so everbody gets a break, then everybody will be back renewed and refreshed.

:)

12. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ ireland: i wasnt poking fun at you i really thought you'd like some help as i do remember the other day some one had a go at you over your grammar.....................better to spell it right the 1st time than leave yourself open to unwanted attacks from some very rude members.....................

O'h yes you get an [bold]A[/bold] on your report card for being a clever student

13. ireland

ireland Active member

andmerr i know ye were not poking fun at me..
    i seen the other error but was not feeling like fixing it but a spelling error was a must to be fixed
    thanks..

14. andmerr

andmerr Guest

no probs my friend anytime

15. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Yes!! He was!!!! kick his a** Ireland :) lol

flipper's back!!! Well kinda, I'll try to show my pretty lil name more often.

@Neph,

Miss ya buddy. Praetor says wassup!!! (and shhhh .. he's got a WOMAN now!!!!)

16. andmerr

andmerr Guest

thats a name i havent heard in a long time flip, where is praetor these days

17. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Welcome back Flip long time :)
    Nice too c u back...

18. flip218

spending way too much money on his new lady.

19. flip218

thanks borhan,

Nice to see alot of the regulars still here. Alot of new Seniors I don't recognize :(

20. andmerr

andmerr Guest

gee its nice to see some one having so much fun though a tad expensive...........onya praetor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.