1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No1-Where Did All The Old Timers Go Who Helped Out Here At Afterdawn,Who's Still Here? All Please Check In! CLOSED!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Nice to see some old & familiar faces - welcome back flip! (Nice to see you've jacked Counterstrike in for a while :)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  2. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

hi flip :)
    great to "see" you are still here buddy

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Welcome back Neph and Flip. We missed you guys. Hope everything gets back to normal for both of you so you can spend some time here again.

This is a little off topic but just a suggestion to the Admins. I know Ireland mods the X Copy forums. It seems to me he should be allowed to mod this part of the forum also. He knows the system and rules and could be a big help over here. I think the other mods could use the help at times. Just something I think would help.

Jerry

4. brian100

brian100 Guest

As Neph mentions "The auto promote system sucks"

I was made senior just when "Auto-promote" was introduced. I requested to be "busted" down to member..but it fell on deaf ears. Hence my reason for leaving. To tell the truth I don't even lurk these days..I just have a casual glance every weeks or so. Don't get me wrong..I had some great times on here.

To cut to the chase. This place just aint what it used to be. Titles mean trouble. Titles for posts mean "more posts". More posts mean more crap.......

Neph probably does not remember me...but he was/is a "Top fella". I am deperately sad to read about his problems. I wish him THE VERY BEST.

PS Everyone heard of DVD rebuilder/cce ?...well I was the fella that first used this combination & posted about it on this community..way way back.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2006
  5. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

That's exactly what I mentioned to him in a PM just a couple of days ago.. But I don't think he's interested from the response I got, to say the least. I would relay to you what he said, but instead I'll let ireland answer for himself..

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

@Lethal_b, It was just a suggestion, if there are personal reasons against it then thats Ok here. Everyone has to make their own choices. I just thought he would make a good addition on this side. He's still one of the good guys in my book either way.

Jerry

7. Jamzbond

Jamzbond Regular member

Who Ireland??....as a mod?. Are we talking about the same guy who saunters around the Mod lounge gobbling up all the grub, surfing for unmentionable material and recklesslesy posting pics. That be the one? :) Actually Lethal and Jerry I couldn't agree more. In addition to what you both have said he is quite a ubiquitious fellow with a tolerant disposition and a passion for this site. He has certainly earned his rank and as was said before, is quite familiar with these forums and their goings-on. I vaguely recall him saying that he's kind of kicking back right now and hence his posts in the Safety Valve and that the decision would rest with DRD & Admin. What I inferred from that was that he wasn't gunning for the job but if he was asked to do it, then he might be willing to give it a go. I however could very well be wrong.
    I have seen on either 1 or 2 occassions where he posted in a thread where someone was reported and though he was present was powerless to ban the individual and the response by one of the regular mods was well....delayed(this of course is a subjective observation). I know that some of the current mods have said that they are not overwhelmed and I guess with the return of Flip +/- Neph then they might actually have sufficient man-power presently. From way down here looking upwards however, my simplistic and probably myopic view would believe that the more mods the merrier. But once again,.....I could very well be wrong.

8. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I remember you brian!!!!

I've asked Ireland as well and he's told me no ... we just got to keep on him.

more mods? that is always debatable, I think aD can be managed with 2 or 3 mods. Looks like creaky and ddp have done a good job while alot of us were gone (well I'm going to assume so at least lol).

9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

i remember brian100 as well, pity your not here more often man.You should trundle over more than not

10. flip218

Ya man I'm trying :)

11. andmerr

andmerr Guest

now all we need is herbsman to make an appearenceand we could be well on our way to a reunion of sorts

12. flip218

lol .. I swear I saw herbsman's name in the "List of updated threads" .. dunno could be wrong.

Does Vurbal still post?

13. andmerr

andmerr Guest

he seems to have gone quiet since i hooked him back up with neil wilkes in the audio forum, now those 2 were thinking about upgrading that forum last i heard.I'll catch up with them both via email see where they are these days

14. andmerr

andmerr Guest

heres some others that seem to have disappeared
    praetor (we know where you are now)
    prisoner
    jim_dandy( only see him rarely)
    minion
    baabaa
    bbmayo

15. FartDude

FartDude Guest

Nice to see some familiar names here on this thread, i try to get on here as much as possible, but my job takes everything from me..lol.
    now that i really think about it, its been nearly 2 years since ive joined up here on the forums, hehe i kinda feel like an old timer..lol

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2006
  16. andmerr

andmerr Guest

you are at that man its been awhile since you were here.Toiletmans another.Boy did he like to upset people with his toilet humour

God i'm starting to feel old remembering all these oldies........who happen to be ancient compared to when i first joined in Aug 2002

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2006
  17. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Just goin to a post earlier... So correct me if im wrong soo Ireland can only Mod the DVDXcopy forums not others... How does that work i thought once your a mod you have free reign to help manage the site with the other mods, especally when some have to take breaks...

So can anyone shed any light on the matter...

18. flip218

Your right, XCopy mods only have mod privileges on the XCopy site. Regular mods can do it on both sites.

19. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Ireland, what the hell are you doing posting pictures like that skeleton on page 1/2? (canna mind) It's totally innapropriate for the topic that was being discussed what the hell is wrong with you? And on the second/third page the random "how to add a gif image in your sig" is totally random and inappropriate.. jeez it's about time someone took a stand here, all these random topics about jokes when there are already countless numbers of them already? Time to wise up don't you think, Ireland? Seriously..

-Mike

20. brian100

brian100 Guest

Flip

Herbsman. I was trying to think of that name last night. Thanks for jogging the memory :). What a fine fella he was.

Do you remember the legendary DrChips...I wonder??.
    BigOrange was another fine fella.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.