1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No1-Where Did All The Old Timers Go Who Helped Out Here At Afterdawn,Who's Still Here? All Please Check In! CLOSED!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Mike: I mean no offense guy, truly I don't but don't you think that you should perhaps lighten up a bit? ...Lord, with the exception of one, perhaps they're leaving because it's about as much fun as a funeral in here. People are playing in safety valve because there just isn't much going on in the forums...I know that's the case with me. I know that I've considered just disappearing for awhile not because the forums have slowed for whatever reason (I do LOVE helping out in areas in which I have some knowledge to share) but rather because, for lack of activity in the forums, I come into safety valve just to have a good time and play around and all sort of people just rain all over my parade ... people ranting and raving about how it's cheating in order to obtain "rank" and "status" by posting unnecessary things. When the main focus of this site has slowed, and I understand from ddp and darth that it does in cycles, why can't one just have a good time and enjoy? I help where and how I can and enjoy doing so but in it's absense, I like to play too and I'm really tired of people raining on my parade and on those of others like me...and there are many of us. I do have goals in life but how many damned posts I make in aD doesn't rank among them; people who put that much importance on something so inane really need to get a life. Maybe these people are leaving because others are making it so terribly unpleasant to be here sometimes. If I want to bicker, I'll call the damned ex!

2. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

I appreciate what you you're saying, Gerry. But I don't know if you saw what Neph posted or not, but I do not see that as funny, and there are several members and ex-members that can whole-heartedly agree with me on this one. What Neph said, and what Ireland thought was funny are two totally different concepts entirely. I'm sorry, but I fail to see what is humourous here..

-Mike

3. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

Ireland :)
    You make me chuckle, i hope you will carry on doing so
    @ Mik :)
    don't underestimate Neph, he's got a wicked sense of humour

4. ireland

ireland Active member

Mik3h
    who made you chief cook and bottle washer over me or any one else.so your acting like a mod.?
    i been around here a lot longer then you and i know the drill..your post and pm is a an offensive post..

you seem to not know the rules of the site.read rule 6..

6. No foul language, insults, personal attacks or otherwise rude messages.

that pix i made up with the skeleton had nothing to do with Nephilim
    if you noticed it said for AfterDawn Addict in the pix.

one last thing,i started this thread to find out where every one is and to bring people back together,you seem to push people away with your attack on me.

as DVDXCopy Chief Moderator no one knows what juice i have!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Neph: we are all glad to see you and wish you nothing but the best; as a chrinic pain patient, I can say with certainty that nothing bites it more than being under the weather and I do hope that everything works out with whatever you're going through; suffering sucks regardless of the cause so I hope its nothing but sunshine soon.

@Mike; that had to be more a matter of bad timing that bad intent; I doubt that it was meant the way you took it Mike. It was Irelands thread in the first place; I'm sure that he posted the burn out subject in answer to his own question...possibly without even seeing Neph's post; who knows, I just refuse to believe there was any nasty motive...I've NEVER seen Ireland do such a thing...if anything, it's usually the opposite, I've often seen him come in and comically defuse a situation in the happening, but never to start one.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2006
  6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Mik3h, what the hell was that about with ireland & the skeleton??? i think it is more appropriate in this thread when you think about it. if you have a problem with a post than do an offensive post so we mods can deal with it. don't need any bloody flame wars as everybody looses especially the flamer!!

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

First of all, my suggestion about Ireland was in no way saying that the present mods couldn't handle this forum. I knew Neph and Flip weren't around as much as before but the other mods are doing the job. The 3 I see the most now are Darth, DDP and Creaky. They have been doing a great job so lets not go off the deep end here. The fact that I also see ireland post on this forum on a regular basis was why I made the suggestion. Whatever his personal choice is strictly up to him and again my statement was in no way trying to say that any mod wasn't doing their job. I have seen sites where it seems the mods out number the members which isn't necessary on here. Lets drop this part of the subject and get back on track.

It is good to see some of the older names again. I hope in time the forum gets back to what it once was. A great place to get help and information.

Jerry

8. andmerr

andmerr Guest

heres a good reason why we are all leaving, we all use to play so nicely and now well thats up to any ones interpretation.

It used to be if any one had a problem with another member they would do the civil thing and pm them and sort it out privately but over the last couple of years every ones attitude has changed and open aggression seems to be the in thing.Flame wars come and it seems are going to stay.This kind of attitude makes for a very dull site, other niceties have fallen by the way side and foul language is now the in thing.

@ Ireland: you are much more than just a clown: I like a funny fellow especially when i can actually laugh at the pics rather than just in the reading material.

@ Mik3h : If you are offended by some ones post , as suggested please use the report facility or pm the person directly but open confrontations within the forum really are frowned upon as it shows not just you but all of us in a bad light.It may have been you are having a bad day and didnt mean what you said, so you still have a chance to edit your post before any one else sees it.

At the end of the day, this is a community, spats aside cant we all get along

9. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Hm? I'm not acting like a mod, I made my views and I made them clear, I'm [bold]not[/bold] trying to act like a mod!! Maybe you don't like people at fifteen years old telling you that you're posting inappropriate pictures?

I know the rules of the site..

It's the 3rd post from what Nephilin said, anyone could mis-interpret what you said..

I'm not trying to push away anyone! All I'm saying is the picture you posted conflicted with the what Nephilim said about 2/3 posts above!

I honestly couldn't care less what your status is, your status means nothing to me.

I get what you're saying, ddp. I just felt that what Ireland posted was really really innapropriate, fair enough I should have just reported it had I found it offensive, and I apologise for it, but I'm not editing my post, what I said, I truly mean what I'm saying.

Maybe it was, It could be because my exams start in like two days time, I'm not saying that is a good excuse, of course it isn't, and I'm sure as hell not using it as an excuse, but I truly mean what I'm saying. I'm not going to make anymore comments on this, I have mixed feelings about aD, I'm just finding little need to stay, I know what's going to be said.. "If you feel like that then just leave" but I thrive for that experience when I had joined.. nevermind. I'm not going to comment on this any further. I'm not flaming this thread and I'm not flaming anyone else.. let's just go with what andmerr said..let's just drop it..

-Mike

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

and damn i thought getting pissed off about politics was bad lol

11. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi guys i am still here....

12. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

You know what Ireland? I'm sorry, I read over that page at least a dozen times, and however random I may think it is, and how Nephilim posted what he did.. I can't see much of a link anymore, and I apologise to everyone for causing a flame war or whatever, but I'm just not myself atm, a terrible excuse yes, but I just want to apologise. Forget it happened, thanks Gerry for the PM, and again, sorry Ireland, I got you totally mixed up.

-Mike

13. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Nice one mike, takes a real man to own up to his mistakes.

14. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

as rare as it is that i post in the safety valve, much like Rotary, i'm still here too, however much that may or may not mean to anyone... :)

docTY~

15. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

awwww isn't this sweet, a little reunion.

Neph- get yer head straight man, we need more glorious baldness in here, my head only shines so bright. No one does it quite like we did my boy, so get yer arse together but no hurry, we got time. I'm sure they'll be idiots o'plenty whenever you're ready.

yes the auto promote thing sucks ass and i've made it known since day one that i thought it would be the downfall of this site (take a whiff, look around, yeah i was right).

flip - praetor finally has a chic? wow, imagine that. he'll be married in a couple months i'm sure. i could see that guy going way overboard on a chic.

minion is still around, i talked to him on a thread just yesterday. alot of the old timers are still here, they just choose not to post anymore due to the mess, and i cant say i blame them.

you know, whats funny to be is the people bitching about how things are now. not that they dont have the right, cause they do but it's like man you guys cant shut it off any time you want, or just unsubscribe from the thread and be done with it. you got the option to use aD as you first did, just for info. Try walking in my boots for a day or so, you cant shut it off, you have to sift thru miles of retards and decide who goes and who stays. hell the other day i banned 3 people on 1 thread! where's my motivation?? i get info here when i need it but that aint why we come here everyday. someone has to babysit the place, guess it might as well be us. i tell you waht, i should have let that guy paypal me some money a few years ago for all my hard work lol. yeah a member seriously was gonna send me some cash cause he knew we got nothing for this job. i gracefully turned him down though (see, mods are stupid too sometimes).

now can we stop bitching and move along, nothing more to see here

16. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Hey,

Just like to let anyone who knows me (not very many) that im still here, i post very little, but im here :)

also welcome back flip and neph :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2006
  17. ireland

ireland Active member

Mik3h
    apology accepted
    case closed..

18. ireland

ireland Active member

hi Alien13
    happy to see ye,see!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Alien, did you get kidnapped by aliens???

20. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

@ ireland - lol, hey :)

@ ddp - hehehe, yeah, but they didnt want to keep me, i used up all their bandwidth in a week :Þ

im off to school see yas later :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.