1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nobody can hear me during calls after SAM unlock

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by marko7, Jun 30, 2012.

1. marko7

marko7 Member

Hi everyone,

I used SAM unlock to activate my iPhone 4 GSM, and everything works well except that during phone calls the other party can't hear me, but I can perfectly hear them!

It is NOT a hardware issue as some have suggested since I already had my iPhone checked at a repair shop and everything is fine with the hardware, so it must be due to the unlock not working properly.

Does anybody have an idea on how to fix this? If not, how can I revert to Gevey, now that I've used the SAM method?

Thanks for your help.

2. GBX_Lee

GBX_Lee Regular member

I don't think the gevey can do the job, only iphone 4S can be unlocked with R-SIM III

3. supercopy

supercopy Member

What kind of "checking" did that shop do? Did they actually open the phone, put it under a microscope, and follow the tiny wire going from the circuit board to the microphone? Probe the tiny wires with a high-precision meter and check for signal integrity? I say this because I am sure 99.99% of repair shops out there don't have the equipment (or the patience) to do this type of checking properly.

Things you should personally check:
    0) "Settings -> general -> reset -> reset all network settings", reboot, call, and try with 1 below.
    1) Does the other party hear you if you make a call while using an external headset?
    2) Plug in a SIM from the original carrier the phone was locked to, and make a call.

4. hawgdaddy

hawgdaddy Member

then stop calling f00