1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

noisy computer

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by matt24_02, Feb 26, 2007.

1. matt24_02

matt24_02 Member

SO, i have a zalman cpu fan, vga fan, 120mm fan and my computer is still noisy as hell...Is is possible that its the fans in my power supply thats making all the noise from my computer? should i look for a better power supply, the one that i have came with the case that im using, so im sure that its not too great. and was thinking about possibly getting one of these if that would solve my noise problem.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153023

2. rcrockett

rcrockett Regular member

Start your computer with the side panel off the tower, and use your EAR to locate the device making the majority of the noise, and that's your problem. :p

3. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

have to agree with rocket there.

as for the psu its a question of what you want to use the psu for, is it powerful enough for this setup and do i want to use it in my next, if so what power reqs will that one have?

with psu's you cant realy go wrong with a big brand name.

4. matt24_02

matt24_02 Member

So the noise is definately coming form the power supply.

I'm pretty sure that i wont be upgrading anything in my computer for a while, or if i do maybe just step up my processor. I currently have a 450watt psu, and it seems to work fine other than the noise.

Here are my current specs which i dont plan on upgrading anytime soon:

Gigabyte 6100-m9 mobo
    AMD Athlon64 3200+ w/zalman
    2gb ddr400 RAM
    Biostar 7900GS w/zalman

so stepping down from 450 watts to 430 shouldnt really make that much of a difference should it?

5. matt24_02

matt24_02 Member

ALSO, if anyone has any suggestions for quiet psus, that dont cost a fortune, leave me a link. im open to anything right now.

6. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

check out newegg or tigerdirect. they got alot of psus for reasonable prices i personally like newegg better because they have lots of reviews and you could prob see just off those which are too loud for your tastes