1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOKIA 1600 - Flash

Discussion in 'Nokia - Unlocking' started by achristo, May 17, 2007.

1. achristo

achristo Member

Does anyone know of a vendor/shop that can flash a NOKIA 1600 (Carrier Net10)?

Thanks for the help
    A

2. JoeGons

JoeGons Active member

WNet10 is a Tracfone Company and I believe that they work the same.

Waste of time and money.

The use of minutes is calculated in the phone and not on the network.
    If you unlock it and try to use a new SIM, it will only allow you to use the minutes left within the phone's memory. When the phone's internal credit is used up, the phone will not work even if your new SIM account has minutes left.
    The only way to use your new account (SIM) is to re-program the phone. (FLASH it)
    After that, the phone will not work with TracFone because it will not be able to top-up the internal account.
    It will work on other Networks that use the same Band.
    I do not consider that cost effective.

JG

3. achristo

achristo Member

Thanks for the update!!
    Do you know where I can get the hardware to flash prepaid cell phones?

Thanks
    A

4. JoeGons

JoeGons Active member

We won't do them. Tracfones that is.
    A search on the net will find what you want.

03/10/2006
    TracFone Obtains Permanent Injunction Against Handset “Unlockers”

The United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida (Federal Court) has ordered Sol Wireless Group, Inc. (Sol) to immediately and permanently halt “unlocking” TracFone Wireless Inc. (TracFone) pre-paid cell phones. Handset “locking” involves encrypting a handset so that the handset is not functional on another carrier’s network unless a key code is entered to unlock the phone. In its complaint Tracfone argued that Sol was engaged in an unauthorized and illegal wireless telephone business where Sol was purchasing large numbers of pre-paid handsets, altering the handsets’ software computer code to “unlock” the handset from being tied to TracFone’s network and then reselling the handsets as new for use on other wireless carriers’ networks. The Federal Court’s order came as a direct result of a settlement reached between the parties whereby Sol was enjoined from: (1) purchasing or selling any wireless mobile phone bearing the TracFone trademark; (2) altering or unlocking any TracFone handsets, or assisting anyone with altering or unlocking TracFone handsets; (3) using the TracFone trademark; and (4) misrepresenting used products as new or misrepresenting that TracFone warrants the used and/or re-conditioned phones. Any violation of the permanent injunction by Sol could lead to the imposition of penalties of up to $5,000 per phone.

http://www.bennetlaw.com/practice_area.php?id=47&article=625

5. achristo

achristo Member

Very interesting story. Still any individual who buys a pre-paid phone should be able to do what ever he wants on that phone ... after all is my property and I have no contract.

6. JoeGons

JoeGons Active member

True but the equipment will cost up to US$300.00.