1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia 3510 key problem with unlocking

Discussion in 'Nokia - Unlocking' started by UKreplay, Jun 20, 2005.

1. UKreplay

UKreplay Member

I am trying to unlock a Nokia 3510 .
    I have a piece of software that gives an unlock code in the form of #pw+etc#

Trouble is that when I try and enter the code I cannot get the letters at all. All the phone seems to recognise is whatever is the first item on the button list. Now I am not an idiot when it comes to writing text but not matter how I try I cannot get anything on the screen other than the basic 0 to 9, + and # .

Ive even let my daughter try and she is ace at writing texts and she cant get the letters to appear either..

Any ideas anyone ..

PS the phone was on T Mobile and its changing to vodaphone if that helps.

2. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

To access "p" just press "*" three times within one second. To access "w" press "*" four times within one second.
    To access button "+" you have to press twice "*" within less than a second.

If successful you will see the message 'Phone restriction off' (if not you will get a 'code error' message).

3. UKreplay

UKreplay Member

Thankyou for the reply jpp01uk

My point is that no matter how fast the key/ button is pressed only the number appears .. for example the "7" button that is reqired for the "p" .. I can press it as fast as I like and all I get is a row of sevens . This is the same whether the sim card is in or out ..

Any other ideas?

4. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

no to get p you use the star button not the number, the same with all the letters and symbols. to get the numbers you use the numbers

To access "p" just press [bold]"*"[/bold] three times within one second. To access "w" press "*" four times within one second.
    To access button "+" you have to press twice "*" within less than a second.