1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia 5800 not receiving texts problem

Discussion in 'Nokia phones' started by CJRobson, Mar 9, 2009.

1. CJRobson

CJRobson Member

Hi guys

Bought the Nokia 5800 about 2 weeks ago and all has been fine with it until recently.....

Ive done no modifications of upgrades or played about with any of the settings..

But now for some reason im not receiving text messages when they are sent??

The only way I can get them is by either sending one, turning my phone off then back on or by going into message settings and selecting view sim messages then the message will pop up....But I have to do this everytime which is quite annoying!

I can do everything else fine....send messages, ring people receive calls etc.

Ive rang vodaphone and 5 times they have fobbed me off with different things to try and none have worked....Ive tried the hard reset and still nothing!

Is anybody else having this problem, or does anyone know a solution to fix it?

Thanks

2. Jake_C

Jake_C Regular member

Without looking at the phone it can be very hard to find the problem, I know it's annoying but I would recommend taking it into one of Vodaphones Stores. That way you will have someone look at it and try and fix it, if not they should be able to give you a replacement one or at the very lest be able to sort out some solution for you. (They cant just not care when your there in person, and they'll usually do anything to make you happy)

Hope it gets sorted

Jake