1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia 6500 Slide memory card locked out

Discussion in 'Nokia phones' started by JackalJ, Apr 11, 2009.

1. JackalJ

JackalJ Member

Hi

I have an Nokia 6500 slide, I never set up a password and have been using it to take pics. Now for some reason it thinks there is a password on the memory card and the only way for me to access it is by restoring the phone to factory settings and loosing the pics which I have on the card. I have been told that there is some kind of process but having searched the nokia forums I have had little luck. And guidance would be apprciated.

Thank you.

2. barlysand

barlysand Member

I also faced the same problem. My memory card locked with password and I never set it up. Some of application such as calc missing. After send to Nokia center, the software turn to normal unless my memory card still have a password. In the end, I just throw away the memory card and buy a new one..

3. Kaytee_

Kaytee_ Member

yeahh, i had the same problem!
    all i did was rename my memory card to like my name and then it lets me on it.. i have to do it with every new memory card i have once i use up all the space :)

hope it works for you :D
    <33