1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia 6600

Discussion in 'Nokia - Unlocking' started by Woz, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Woz

Woz Regular member

Hi,
    I had my Nokia 6600 stolen a while back of which I reported stolen. I imagine 02 put a ban on it, however, can this be unlocked to be used by the next person. Someone told me 02 would have blocked the IMEI number? Im a bit lost on this can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Woz

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Yup, nowadays (finally, UK was the only goddamn country in the world without IMEI block lists, as Vodafone and Cellnet/o2 refused to implement it..) they should be able to simply lock it off the network with IMEI code blocks across the globe. Now, obviously the problem is that at least on some handsets it is possible to change the IMEI code, but I'd believe (can't say for sure) that for 6600 it can't be switched.

So, whoever nicked your phone, has your phone, but in case they don't know how to switch the IMEI code and you've called o2 and told them that your phone (with the IMEI code of it) has been stolen, it should be locked out of all GSM networks in the world now.

3. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Last edited: Jan 14, 2005
  4. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

5. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

*test*

Last edited: Jan 14, 2005