1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia D-Box2 new image - no ucodes?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by loline, Mar 12, 2007.

1. loline

loline Member

Hello all,

A friend of mine has recently acquired a Nokia Dbox2 whith a Neutrino image preinstalled.

Question: Will he be able to update and/or reflash the box with another image without having the original Betanova Software files (ucodes)?

He is a complete novice when it comes to cable boxes, but he does know his way around *nix systems. I am wondering if there is a way to extract (backup) the ucodes and files from the current image?

All information gratefully received...

Many thanks in advance.

2. benifa

benifa Regular member

3. loline

loline Member

benifa,

Hi and thanks for the prompt reply and the link.

Do you know if there is a complete original Betanova image available for download.

Also... what version of which image is recommended? The box currently has a sportster image but I'm unsure which version.

4. benifa

benifa Regular member

I'm unsure as to whether anyone has uploaded the original Betanova software. I've certainly not come across it. Not to worry, I'll be debugging some dboxes in a few days (when they arrive from Germany), so I'll upload the original software and come back to you..

As for the linux image.. I swear by "Sportster 1.7+ UK05" as it is stable, scans all channels and never let me down once. Others prefer commando and others. You have to play around and see which works best for you..

5. loline

loline Member

benifa, very much appreciated... are the sportster images region specific or does one conf. file cover the whole of the UK? (Still not certain what the .xml files are for - service, bouquet etc.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out here.

6. benifa

benifa Regular member

7. loline

loline Member

benifa,

You're a star... thanks a million!