1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia dbox affected by powercut?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by jay001, Feb 1, 2007.

1. jay001

jay001 Member

Hi everyone, just after some help after eventually stumbling on this site. Ive got a Nokia dbox which Ive had for just over a year.

Last week we had a powercut in our house. After getting the electricity back on, after a couple of minutes the electricity went off again. I flicked the switch and managed to restore the electricity. Anyway, afterwards most of the channels on my dbox went off. Ive got the terestrial channels and some channels like E4+1, Men & Motors, Bravo 2, National Geographic, Film 4, Sky movies 9 & 10.

Ive tried doing manual scans and fast scans but I cant get all the channels back. The EPG is working and lists all the programmes though.

When i did the scans the settings I used were Bouquet to update and the cable provider is Sym6952.

When I switch the power off and then on again the onscreen display says :-

U-Boot 1.1.2

Baseimage version 2.0
    date 14/11/2005
    Linux version 2.4.31
    by next-generation.

I dont know if the powercut had anything to do with it though. Any help by anyone would be greatly appreciated. Ive asked my mates but none of them know how to fix this.

Thanks in anticipation.

2. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

The image could be corrupted and need flashed again. You can also look in the Dbox with a FTP prog in the config/zappit folder and look for a file called myservices.xml, if it's there delete it and reboot the box. Channels should be back.

3. jay001

jay001 Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply Fekker. Cud u tell me how I can flash the box, is there any special software i would need? Also Ive downloaded SmartFTP v2.0 from the link that u gave me. Is this the one that i need and is it easy to do and are instructions available?

Sorry for all these questions but Im new to this, but am fairly competent with a computer though. Cheers.

4. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

5. jay001

jay001 Member

Thanks for your help Fekker. I'll go on this site and have a look to see how i can flash the box or look in the config with the ftp.

cheers