1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOKIA DBox FTP IP Problems

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by padism, Jun 26, 2007.

1. padism

padism Member

Hello Im a first time user so please go easy as I dont know all the forum protocols.

If anyone can help with this Id be really grateful. Ill be brief to begin with. I tried to flash an image over the non working cryo sporter image. All flashing prior to this I did with IFA but this time it was through an FTP program into the TMP folder. Then i used the dbox 'write one partition' flash without bootloader commands and saw the successful flashing take place. Now the lcd display stops on the loading kernel. No picture or Dbox interface.

To recap - the image I put on was 2xi_flash_mtd5.img
    I need to find a way to connect to my dbox with IFA and I cant do that without a valid IP address for this image.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a million and apologies if this is in the wrong area. Im in Belfast so was drawn to the Irish link

2. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

You dont need to know ip adress to youse IFA mate....paul

3. padism

padism Member

Hi again

I just downloaded another version of hallenberg ifa and followed the instructions. Like you said, No ip needed but seen you can set one so did that, as per the instructions i found

Is there a knack to turning the dbox on and off cos it doesnt seem to launch the flash?

My method of flashing the last time was through cuteFTP and then i did the write partition and flash without bootloader. Now i just get the lcd display without any image icon appearing. Any tips?

4. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

You needto get your self a copy of ifa mate installit and follow the instructions select your image you will get a warning .YOU ARE ABOUT TO FLASH YOUR D BOX MUST BE OFF AT THE WALL AT THIS TIME..... Push ok and power up your box at the wall it should say FLASHING if it dont within 10 secs switch off atthe wall and back on repeat this untill it does .When finished it will say flashing done REMOVE your cable .And then reboot your D box Hope this helps ...........Paul

5. dbox2beg

dbox2beg Member

That's pretty much it but remember to set your ethernet connection corretly aswell. Also, close & restart the IFA each time (it should close everytime).

6. padism

padism Member

Hi

I got it flashed last night. I dunno what was wrong but when I changed laptops to a mates it worked first time.

Thanks for all the advice. I guess I just panicked when it wouldnt work after the first ten times but in the end I prevailed with the help of this forum. Thanks a million.

Paddy