1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia DBOX2 can not display anything

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by kims007, Jan 4, 2008.

1. kims007

kims007 Member

Hi,

I have nokia DBox2, i tried to update my flash but something goes wrong in between and i copy the whole var folder via ftp to dbox again which i took as a backup on my laptop,since then everytime i plug it on it boot twice and by the looks of it everything looks normal on LCD as well as on TV screen but after few seconds all goes blank.......no display on LCD and on TV screen, LCD display showing just green light. when i tried to use any buttons on remote its not doing anything apart from when i press home its reboot again.

I was thinking about to flash the image again but i can not do anything as i can't see anything on my tv screen.

Is there anyway i can connect DBOX with my laptop? i tried to connect box in same condition via ethernet with the IP address i know and other combinations but nothing worked, i was thinking to connect via RS232 cable, do i need any special software to connect box via RS232 or is there any special settings i have to define if i connect via windows hyper terminal ??

Some1 please help i really need it working otherwise it's all waste of money so please advise me.

thanks in advance

2. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Kim you dont copy the Var folder as a backup
    You back it up on your remote controll

Press the D-Box Key
    Choose Service
    Choose Software Update
    Choose Expert Mode
    Choose Read Single Partition Flash without Bootloader

A copy of your image gets written into the /tmp folder on the DBox2. You can then connect via your FTP Program and save it to your PC.

Lets know if your stuck..............Paul

3. markb7777

markb7777 Member

theres a guy on e bay who will update for you or send images to you

4. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Thats the second time thats been posted
    Tell him to shove it ...............Paul

5. kims007

kims007 Member

Hi there,

can you tell me sellers name who do update on eee bayyyy