1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Nokia DBox2] Cannot write to files

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by tonygreen, Dec 29, 2008.

1. tonygreen

tonygreen Member

Hello

I'm having a spot of bother with my Nokia DBox2 and I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

If I navigate to /var/keys/KeyList.txt with TuxCommander with my remote control and open it for editing. I change the file's contents and save it but when I open it again, the file's contents have not changed. The file's information lists the last modified date as last week even though I have tried to edit the file today.

If I go to the network settings and change the IP address and save the settings and then go back into the network settings pane, the old IP address still shows.

For some reason files cannot be written to the disk. The dbox appears to be working fine other than this. Could this be a hard drive failure or something?

Cheers

2. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Wot you Changing IP addresses for mate
    After Changing them push Restart Network
    It will keep the New one Now .
    Try changing the text with Flash FXP and save changes on the way out .......Paul

3. tonygreen

tonygreen Member

That's the thing. I can't ping the dbox from my laptop.

My dbox net settings are:
    IP: 192.168.1.8
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Broadcast: 192.168.1.0
    Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

The settings on my ethernet card on my laptop are:
    IP: 192.168.1.3
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

They look fine to me but I can't ping the dbox, let alone ftp or telnet to it.

4. tonygreen

tonygreen Member

Ah, it turns out that I needed to turn off my wireless card to connect to the dbox. My wireless connection was interfering with my connection over the crossover cable to the dbox.

So, I ended up downloading and image called "2x Sportster 1.10 RC008 UK.rar" from http://www.4shared.com/dir/3042613/f6e3421c/sharing.html in the DBox2/Images folder. When I try to set my location, the only ones that are there are UK locations. Do I need a services.xml file? Plus, the /var/keys/ directory is empty. Shouldn't there be a bunch of *.bin files there?