1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia Dbox2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by waitsey, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kamilsey

kamilsey Member

Hi All

Just to let everyone know how i got mine working.

I was running a sagem 2x with commando 8.2. I tried changing the codes but had no luck at all (tried from yesterday untill about 2 hours ago). However 2 hours ago i got it working by using the bigmaq tool bar (the tool bar crashes my IE but i can live with that for the minute) and changing the ucode to 0014 and the cam to evocam. I also had to disable all roms but 7. I was finaly getting skky spports and all that. However every 3 or so minutes it stopped working. Each time it was changing the 00 code by one diget. When i changed it back it was working but would stop and change again after a few mins. Soooooooooo

I flashed with commando 6, this then only gave me 15 transponders and about 128 channels. So i changed the keys manualy using ftp and then rebooted then rescanned and found everything. This has been working for a few hours (touch wood). I also told my mate to change his code (he is also on commando 6 or 5) and his is working. Will be trying it on a nokia soon so will keep everyone updated.

Come on schalke.

2. k_o

k_o Member

i can't find the tux box commander sorry i am new to this can someone help please

3. stu247

stu247 Member

Hi, I tried several key's earlier on today to no avail. I have recently used the one supplied by the BigmaQ tool bar and guess what! all works. This is for the telewest northeast area but should work in all telewest area's

4. fitz42

fitz42 Member

go on to sportster extra. then tools. autoupdate should be there.

5. father2

father2 Member

ozza31 what image are you using, what area is this key for and is it the same for all images?

6. bryandir

bryandir Regular member

anyone help a poor lonely soul?auto updater?how do i turn it off?

7. rodmc

rodmc Guest

Ive only got 2 keys on mine, the 00 and 01, might be better to replace the 2 newest keys with the ones supplied by BigMAQ, maybe one of the more knowledgable folks on here can confoirm this.

Not sure how the encryption employed works.

8. turner123

turner123 Guest

nokia dbox2 up and running for at least 2 hours now every channel back on im using commando 6 version 9.25 i use ftp to change the keys using note pad from the original set from dbox just edit it n pop it back in to the key folder

9. robbo1407

robbo1407 Guest

On the same page as your keylist.txt file there should be a file camd.conf, highlight file then press 4 to edit.Scroll down to AU settings it will be Au(02) you need to set it to (00), highlight AU02 press ok change to (00) press ok then home then red to save.After this enter new keys and reboot. I think thats right just go and check brb.

10. bryandir

bryandir Regular member

anyone?anyone know how to turn auto updater off??

11. JamJo

JamJo Member

Help! My DBox2 is only showing a black screen except for ITV and a few others. Any idea's how to fix? Can someone also email me a user guide? Thanks!!

12. ozza31

ozza31 Member

As far as i know the keys are split into areas such as Pure NTL, TELEWEST, EX CW, NTL IRELAND, it just depends which area you come under, for me i am in the PURE NTL area, if you download bigmaq's toolbar it has all the keys for each area.

I have fixed mine and a friends dbox and at the moment it's all working fine.

13. robbo1407

robbo1407 Guest

I think this is how to turn Auto updater off the file may be called camd.cfg

14. turner123

turner123 Guest

everything you need for a dbox is ere go look happy reading

http://www.4shared.com/dir/6423171/b5ad6d47/sharing.html

15. robbo1407

robbo1407 Guest

Could you please post keys for ex c+w area i have tried and tried to install bigmaq but it just wont install.

16. JamJo

JamJo Member

^^Thanks. Is there a quick way of doing this - it's half time and I'd like to catch the second half!

17. pspno0ob

pspno0ob Member

Guys ok I managed to get it working doing the following (with help from the rest of you here = so first a big THANKS)

You need to edit the keylist.txt or softcam.KEY both seem to update each other...

The keys used for Telepest is
    KEY 00 = 54 1E CE 02 A2 58 79 86
    KEY 01 = B5 AA 58 2D 64 5E E1 05

Auto update was switched off and I had to reboot the box before channels started working

Not sure how long this will last after the Virgin announcment but hey lets use it as long as possible

GOOD LUCK ALL!

18. bryandir

bryandir Regular member

mines was set to "00 is ignored (default) " and i have put the keys in ,but still no joy..any ideas?

i followed the instrucions,got the toolbar,copied the codes for telewest,and still i get nothing.

anything?

19. ozza31

ozza31 Member

CABLE WIRELESS

KEY 0= C88BD0FC2AB2EC63
    KEY 1= 710DACF328A4FF40

20. bryandir

bryandir Regular member

help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.