1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia Dbox2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by waitsey, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nelsal

nelsal Member

THANKS TURNER AM IN SOUTH WALES CWMBRAN HAVE GOT SPORTSTER NOKIA DBOX , IF I TURN THE BOX OFF I WANT BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING LIKE RESET AND STUFF SO NO I DIDENT TURN THE BOX OFF , TO BE HONEST AM LOST JUS A LITTLE

2. father2

father2 Member

Guys i just followed the instructions above rebooted dbox and nothing still no chanels and when i checked the 'keylist.txt' its empty there's nothing no keys or anything. Please can someone help!!!

3. turner123

turner123 Guest

once you put the codes in and your happy with them come out the menu etc turn box off (un plug) works best loads up all should be back as i have done it 3 times today all i did was change the codes back to what they were as i cant disable the auto update with comando 9.25?

4. loz316

loz316 Member

all working now with mgcam also just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to all of you who worked so hard to get us back up and watching you lot deserve a medal or at least a pint if you ever in my neighborhood once again thanks

5. turner123

turner123 Guest

until the morning lol just kidding glad your back on

6. bobbyduke

bobbyduke Member

im using Andromeda image, how do i get my nokia dbox2 working again please?

7. nelsal

nelsal Member

HI LOZ HAVE YOU GOT SPORTSTER ? IF SO CAN YOU LET ME KNOW WAT U DUN PLEASEEEEEEEEEE

8. ozza31

ozza31 Member

which part are you stuck on, let me know and i will try to help

9. nelsal

nelsal Member

o thanku ozza31 wat it is i went with wat u said but for some reason now the keys i typed in one the letters are wrong and it want seem to let me change it it just want do anything , also on the au it got 02 on the bottom and it want seem to change to 00 am trying with the remote but it want let me edit anything

10. phil1981

phil1981 Guest

Hi, this is how i got my DBOX working -

1 - press the blue button on your DBOX - and go to option 2 Tuxbox commander.

2- then scroll down to the option that says "var" and press ok
    3- scroll down to "keys" and press ok
    4- scroll down to "keylist.txt and press 4 (to edit)
    5- If your like me and are in the Pure NTL area your codes will start like N 5401 00 etc etc, press ok on the 1st key which starts with N 5401 00
    6 - Type in this key after 00 - 46896D870724422F
    7- press ok to exit then go to the key which starte "N 5401 01"
    8 - type in this key after 01 - 9128EFB57B371FED
    9 - Press ok to exit then press the button under your power button (under the orange button) and save changes when asked.

After that you need to deactivate your auto update because if you dont the channels will not stay on. So press the blue button again click on sportster then click on emu settings,evocamd and then emu/auto update and deactivate. Then reboot the dbox and hopefully it should work.

i dont have any codes in keylist.txt file when i come to edit it

11. phil1981

phil1981 Guest

is a flash a channel scan? whats a flash

12. nelsal

nelsal Member

yeah phil wat we was doing but now it all messed , i cannot even start again cause wen we saved var etc cause got to number 9 we saved it now i cant start again cause var aint in there cause of saving earlier i was on number 10 wen i got confused am stuck big time ....if anyone like to email me sally_harper@hotmail.co.uk and help please

13. ozza31

ozza31 Member

nelsal - i am using the commando 6 image, are you saving the changes after you enter new keys? make sure you press the number 4 on your remote to edit when on the softcam.key option.

14. nelsal

nelsal Member

ozza31 that is wat we on now it just want let us edit and i dont know why...on top this blue screen it got /var/keys/softcam.key then underneath it has 2 lines of writing loads letters and numbers u know and cant get anywhere from there

15. phil1981

phil1981 Guest

so if i channel scan then follow the instruction my keylist files will turn up and it should work is this correct

16. bobbyduke

bobbyduke Member

waste of time for now mate, virgin are blasting the codes out as soon as you put them in, wait until new software is out to crack the problem.

17. phil1981

phil1981 Guest

how do i put software on my box though? do i plug it to a computer some way

18. bobbyduke

bobbyduke Member

you can do it through a router to flash it.

19. phil1981

phil1981 Guest

what happens when you flash your dbox2

20. Dalesw2

Dalesw2 Member

i tell u at this point vm (virginmidea) have made a filter that stops us from viewing with the dbox but were trying to sort it out at this time so if u can help us with any way plz say but at this point wait in till they get more info about what going at this point as a up to data flash may be made that will let us view good old tv with every channel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.