1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia Dbox2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by waitsey, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benboy12

benboy12 Guest

I would like to say thank you guys for all your advise and help. This forum has been the biz.
    For newer forumees. I had one of the worst case senarios. I had snapshot in my DBox2 which refused to save anything. The box wouldnt flash, nor connect via the Network. None of the FTP programmes worked for me and I failed after trying to flash the box on 8 different occassions with 6 different images: It felt like hell!
    What I eventually did was
    - Follow the guide regarding using a null modem cable and Window's HyperTerminal. I also bought a Null Modem Cable
    - Ran this repeatedly with different images and even though I had used several Commando images which wouldn't respond I found this one - and this definitely works http://www.4shared.com/file/43743951/1bc950d8/mtd4.html
    On completion I downloaded the BigMaq Toolbar.
    At this point there were only 12 channels and all of them with no picture.
    I clicked blue on the remote and clicked on tuxbox commander.
    I then disabled the Auto update by clicking on camd_cfg then pressing 4. Inside I looked for AU clicked on the figure 01 and changed the figure to 00.
    I exited after saving and did a full scan which brought back all the channels with still no pictures. I then went onto the BigMaq toolbar's to "latest Keys" and got the new codes for my area. Went back to tuxbox commander located softcam key, pressed 4. Inside this there were 8 lines of key code inputs. I deleted all but two of the inputs and then I inputed the new keys. Afterwards I saved, exited and clicked on reboot. After 3 punishing days its great to see the pictures again and I can even see a few new channels as well.
    Once again thanks guys for all your assistance

2. stegbhoy

stegbhoy Member

well done bille22 works perfect been at it all day so easy the way you put it cheers

3. billie22

billie22 Member

You are welcome (just to let you know I am in my mid 60's and a female)so if I could do it any one could!

4. gsb104

gsb104 Member

5. gsb104

gsb104 Member

hi
    sorry i messed that message up
    do you think its worth while buying a starview 3 box just in case a new image can't be found for the dbox

6. stegbhoy

stegbhoy Member

lol if it happens again will look out for you feel as tho i should buy you flowers or so
    steg_bhoy@hotmail.co.uk

7. toon316

toon316 Member

i have a silver digivox box i live in the north east off england and i have lost all of my chanels can any one help

8. diessel1

diessel1 Guest

hi there, i have a sagem dbox. i put the new codes in and restart my box and i get the channel but when i change channel it goes off again and the codes go back to what they were.
    can someone help me plz
    thanks

9. bigclaret

bigclaret Guest

Henry or anyone who can help,

do you have the virgin / ntl codes for the Blackburn / East Lancashire area please

10. oddogg

oddogg Member

guys i just got 2 sporters dboxes working in edinburgh using the blue keys etc but my boxs is commando and the dates on my keys say febuary 07 anybody any ideas im gutted i got my mates working and im siiting here wi bbc pish HELP HELP HELP m

11. stu2007

stu2007 Member

Hi peeps, i got a sagem dbox2 with blade image on it.

Was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of changing the keys. I have read loads and loads during the past couple of days but everything i see is referenced to the nokia boxes :s.

Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance guys :)

12. billie22

billie22 Member

Hi pure ntl code is DB7E88CA37E39383 new + 8A6B4256D5E3831E on the 11 april 2008 8am and the VM/TW 6F9BA23250673657 on the 10 april 2008 16:30 for Edinburgh they my work for you give them a try,good luck

13. keebe

keebe Member

my nokia Dbox has gone off all the channels are gone and on the box itself it reads loading kernel anybody know why this has happened?

14. daguvnor

daguvnor Member

To all those who dont already know: get the newbie guide from here then after you change the key(s),turn off auto-update (the guide will tell you how).If you cant find the keys just download BigMaq toolbar.I live in Teesside on VM and my box has been up for a few hours now (fingers crossed).
    In reply to the user asking about Starview boxes,i have a Starview 'The Box' too and that has not gone off at all due to it having auto updates to roll over the new keys.
    Hope this helps guys :)

15. daguvnor

daguvnor Member

I forgot to mention:DO NOT rescan the channels as you will lose all your bouquets/favourites etc.Being the idiot i am i did it :(

16. oddogg

oddogg Member

billie i did what you said for to of my mates boxes they work im on commando and the date beside the key is 07 feb 2006 not april10 08 how do i fix that?????

17. JamJo

JamJo Member

Mine now works! Im with NTL/Virgin and it's been off for the past few days, thanks to this forum I've now fixed it, in appreciation I'll tell you all how. Here is what I did and I'm a total newbie: This took me 30 minutes with no prior knowledge of a dbox2.

(Note: I think my image is Sporster 1.73, not sure if this matters and I really don't know what an image is or how to change it, or even if I need to change it)

Note: Everything is done by the remote control on screen. I've pieced this together using bits of what other people have posted, it's not all my own but hopefully this may be easier to follow.

STEP 1: First press the blue button on the remote, choose Sportster (or blue button again), go to EMU settings (or blue button again) and choose EVOCAMD. Press green or go to EMU/Autoupdate. In grey it will tell you wether updates are activated or deactivated. Press yellow to deactivate if its not already deactivated. Press home x 3 back to the EMU selection screen, press red on the EVOCAMD to restart this.

STEP 2: You need to download software to your computer only. Do this by clicking the link and downloading/installing it to your computer: http://bigmaq.ourtoolbar.com/
    This just adds a toolbar to your internet explorer. On the toolbar go to Latest Keys and choose your area, choose the latest date if more than 1 option and it will give you two codes which look like: KEY 0 (followed by digits) and KEY 1 (followed by digits). Make a note of these for the next step. This will hopefully tell you the code whichever area you live in.

STEP 3:
    1 - press the blue button on your DBOX - and go to option 2 Tuxbox commander.
    2- then scroll down to the option that says "var" and press ok
    3- scroll down to "keys" and press ok
    4- scroll down to "keylist.txt and press 4 (to edit)
    5- If your like me and are in the Pure NTL area your codes will start like N 5401 01 etc etc, press ok on the 1st key which starts with N 5401 00
    6 - Now use the codes you got from Biqmaq in step 2: Type in this number after 00 and the 01. i.e. overwrite the number after the 00 or 01 using your remote control. (it takes a while to get the knack of it).
    7 - Press ok to exit then press home. It will ask you if you want to save, choose yes. Press home again and again save if asked until you are back to the normal screen.
    Note: The screen will still be black at this point.

STEP 4:
    Now press the blue button, go to Sportster (or blue button again), choose EMU SELECTION and press red or ok to restart the EVOCAMD, a confirmation message will be shown. Now your picture should appear. If not try to restart and then it should appear.

This is what I did and it worked for me. Good luck and many many thanks to everyone that helped me get my dbox working again. I really really appreciate it.

18. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

any word on an image that auto updates codes on the dbox2. in ireland dublin.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  19. billie22

billie22 Member

not to sure about commando I would try changing date 10 April 08 see what happens,Good luck

20. oddogg

oddogg Member

how do you turn auto update on and off

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.