1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia Dbox2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by waitsey, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lockettb

lockettb Member

hi all i have got a nokia dbox and i got it a while ago as a spare. when i first got it i searched and all the channels came. next day all the channels were gone and no epg. tried reserch found nothing tried another image still no joy after searching i found the pining info for the tuner when i checked there was no voltage at pin 7 and pin 9 for the tuner. has any one got any ideas?
    this was like this before the key changes.
    cheers ben

2. ToriB

ToriB Member

I have just joined tonight and would greatly appreciate any help with codes for my Nokia digibox. I still have the EPG but a blue screen and no sound. Could billie22 please forward me the codes etc and stop me tearing my hair out? I live in North Lanarkshire Scotland. Thanks

3. ToriB

ToriB Member

I have just joined tonight and would greatly appreciate any help with codes for my Nokia digibox. I still have the EPG but a blue screen and no sound. Could billie22 please forward me the codes etc and stop me tearing my hair out?

4. dbox101

dbox101 Member

Hi
    Guys i am having trouble with the NOKIA DBOX all the freeview channels work but rest shows in the list but they dont work there is not picture they are all blank, I have tried to flash a new image but i am getting a Kein error however i have successfuly flashed images on my box in past, any suggestions on how to fix this problem and also if you can send me links to the useful tools to flash the DBOX will be appreciated.

5. Ultim81

Ultim81 Member

Guys there is a fix on the way it will be released tomorow fingers crossed.

6. billie22

billie22 Member

Hi, I am not to sure about the blue screen my screen was a black one but these are the codes pure ntl code is DB7E88CA37E39383 new + 8A6B4256D5E3831E on the 11 april 2008 8am and the VM/TW 6F9BA23250673657 on the 10 april 2008 16:30 with VM/TW you only need one they may work for you give them a try,good luck

7. mediya

mediya Member

i would appreciate if some 1 could answer me these questions pls...

* How can I find out what Image I'm using on my Dbox 2 ??
    * I'm from Birmingham Area ... do I have to use Pure NTL codes from Bigmac's Toolbar ??

8. Scoopdog

Scoopdog Member

When you reboot the box an image or software logo of what image your running pops up or go to image info in your menu

9. billie22

billie22 Member

When you reboot the box an image or software logo of what image your running ect pops up,
    You use the pure ntl codes from Bigmac's Toolbar if you are in an area where there was ntl before virgin took over.
    if your in a telewest/Virgin area then use T/west codes from Bigmac's Toolbar hope this helps.

10. Scoopdog

Scoopdog Member

as we speak there is software (beta) i read about on digital world which will auto update on Nokia d Box 2 similar to the software running on Starview 3 i have both and my starview is fine but the d box is much more fexible in what it can do , the current very frequent rollovers is slowing down as N*l's own customers are loosing channels due to there own boxes not adapting to keys so fingers crossed

11. Scoopdog

Scoopdog Member

firts of all Kein system is ..blank , no image, theres no-one at home so its not the end of the world read the faq guide to flash the box make sure you flash with a 2chip image for a 2 chip box, then laod in your services and keys for your area use flash fxp for this and IFA(hallenberg.com) for your image using a x over cable ...best of luck

12. nazt

nazt Member

Can anyone help I am using the andromeda v2.0 image and in pure ntl area .
    I have akey.txt file and a softcamtxt file . I have changed the key one to no avail do I try and change the softcam file or not and whats all this nagra rom stuff. If theres anyone out there with the same image please help

13. mediya

mediya Member

tx for your prompt reply billie22 ... The image i'm gettin say DOM_3 .. what does that mean and one more quick question ...
    on bigmac's toolbar the codes are as follows ...

Key 0 : 8A 6B 42 56 D5 E3 83 1E
    Key 1 : DB 7E 88 CA 37 E3 93 83

when I enter these numbers to keylist.txt do you enter as they are or do you need to convert them or do you need to convert the numbers to any format b4 entering ??

tia

14. Scoopdog

Scoopdog Member

15. jdf36

jdf36 Member

Opps. Clicked on the wrong button!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  16. Tech1948

Tech1948 Guest

Does anyone know how to get all of this into a Sagem 1 chip DBox, I've been at this bugger for two days now trying EVERYTHING that's been posted. New codes, del keylist.txt yadayadayada.By the law of averages and the FACT that if you sit enough monkeys with typewriters, inevitably you will turn out a work suitable of The Bard himself. HELP

17. jdf36

jdf36 Member

Hi,
    New to this forum, so be gentle with me....

I have the same problem as everyone else - my D-Box died a couple of days ago and it has gone back to just showing a few channels. It feels like 1980's TV.
    A few people have post a solution but I a stuck, as I cannot get part of it to work - can anyone help?
    I have got to the bit as follows: -

STEP 1: First press the blue button on the remote, choose Sportster (or blue button again), go to EMU settings (or blue button again) and choose EVOCAMD. Press green or go to EMU/Autoupdate. In grey it will tell you wether updates are activated or deactivated. Press yellow to deactivate if its not already deactivated. Press home x 3 back to the EMU selection screen, press red on the EVOCAMD to restart this.

This is where I am stuck. I am getting to EVOCAMD and pressing green and it is turning that grey but then the solution states "press yellow" - on the yellow on my box, it states £sort directory" Pressing green doesn't show anything about activating/deactivating and pressing yellow does nothing? Can anyone advise. Cheers.

18. Tech1948

Tech1948 Guest

Just how long does one have to subscribe to this Nirvana to become more than a "newbie" wish I was a newbie, I'm facing my sixtyth birthday in May (never thought I'd see 40??)

19. Scoopdog

Scoopdog Member

get rid of sportster and load up blade trinity its a lot easier to navigate around and stops your box freezing http://www.4shared.com/dir/4221132/a307c346/sharing.html

20. jdf36

jdf36 Member

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't have the cables at the moment to fix up the D-Box to my PC, so I am having to do everything with the remote.

There are no issues with my box freezing in relation to this problem, however, it does freeze normally and I have to turn it on and off, so that solution may help when the channels are eventually back.

So, I am just stuck at the position of what to do when pressing green and yellow at the stage mentioned before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.