1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia Dbox2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by waitsey, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oddogg

oddogg Member

if your box hasnt code any codes rescan it 1st

2. bryandir

bryandir Regular member

if your box has no codes then try and unplug and plug it back in, and the that should reset the codes to non working ones...you then edit ONLY the code numbers..nothing else...just the codes,no date and nothing before thecode....you should be changing 16 or 32 digits depending on if one or both sets have changed...

i would make a video on you tube,and give you detailed instructions on how to do it,but im scared it will get pulled or i would get suspended from youtube or even traced!!

3. mediya

mediya Member

finally got it to work .... thanks a milliom u guys ... I used the keys from bigmaq's toolbar.

4. bigclaret

bigclaret Guest

just one more thing, I've got the codes in but when I press the button below the power to return back it asks me to save the codes I press the gree button but it won't return it just stays on the codes any sugestions please

5. GOODW

GOODW Member

can someone please help,no one has responded to me pleeeeeeeeeeeeease........

6. billie22

billie22 Member

do you mean by ex c&w true ntl(before V/M took over or were you on T/W***?

7. amvantage

amvantage Member

Finally back up and running thanks to JamJo and the advise below, cheers mate. Good luck to everybody else that is still trying to get the Channels back. Best advise I can give is download the Bigmaq tool bar.

8. GOODW

GOODW Member

yes ex cable and wireless before vm took over.

9. sheppo

sheppo Member

tried the codes for telewest and not having any joy anyone got theirs working in liverpool area? please post back.

10. g2k

g2k Member

Its just the latest keys to put into ur Dbox/Starview if you are getting blank screen, ur not so u dont need to change them, the keys are updated most days so you always have the latest.
    The keys for each provider will work on whatever box ur using as long as you use the correct provider key, doesnt matter as far as I understand it.
    If u want to stop VM updating keylist u need to stop AU on ur box, which I dont know how to do (I think this would still muck up the channels though as the key needs to be curent?)and havent found any posts stating the right way to do it.

11. billie22

billie22 Member

So try this I told a few people and it seemed to work!
    1 - press the blue button on your DBOX - and go to option 2 Tuxbox commander.

2- then scroll down to the option that says "var" and press ok

3- scroll down to "keys" and press ok

4- scroll down to "keylist.txt + press 4 (DO NOT OK)to edit you must PRESS 4

5- your keys should read
    N 5A01 00 (AND THEN THE REST OF THE CODE)
    N 5A01 01 (AND THE REST OF THE CODE)
    You are looking for the two that look the same as the two new codes which are
    8A6B4256D5E3831E (the code should looks the same)
    DB7E88CA37E39383 (the code should looks the same)
    You will possibly just need to change one number so just look for the number which is different.

5- scroll onto it then press ok so you can now edit it
    and depending on the number that matches after 00 or the 01 or the 02 - Type in your new key code

6 - Press ok to exit then press the button under your power button (under the orange button)

7- and save changes when asked, if box is in German press ja.

8- Reboot (restart your box)

9- all should be working!!!
    Good luck

12. joblog

joblog Guest

Hi everyone
    i am also a complete newbi. I have read all the comments so far and made notes. I have a nokia d/box2 with sportster 1.7
    Downloaded the bigmaq toolbar and got the details and the picture is back on. The only problem i have is there is no sound!
    Could anyone help Please

13. claymores

claymores Member

Made a complete hash of it all, then used BigMAQ to get things back and on track, but missing SpySports1. any pointers

14. billie22

billie22 Member

Hi g2k, yes I agree this would still muck up the channels though as the key needs to be current
    And now that I know how to change the codes and it does not take to long!

I also have a box (a pig in the poke I got from eBay) last year it was meant to be working but it wasn’t and they would not refund my fault, but it is waiting for me to work on it when you turn it no the display is green and I get a German message on the screen and I don’t know where to start, to let you know I am in my mid 60’s female and not to cleaver with pc or D-box 2 only what I am told and I will give anything a go ,but I need step by step so I can understand this is why I give step by step to other people.
    SO IF ANY CAN HELP ME I WOLD BE GREATFUL.

15. jdf36

jdf36 Member

Hi Everyone,

I am having the same problem as everyone but I seem to be getting stuck at a certain point - can anyone help? I have a nokia d0box2 with sportster 1.73.

Some of the threads are saying that you need to turn off the Auto update - has everyone else done that?

That is the bit I am stuck with - Jamjo provided a precise list of what to do, which is brilliant (thanks Jamjo) but I cannot get my box to do what they stated, which was: -

STEP 1: First press the blue button on the remote, choose Sportster (or blue button again), go to EMU settings (or blue button again) and choose EVOCAMD. Press green or go to EMU/Autoupdate. In grey it will tell you wether updates are activated or deactivated. Press yellow to deactivate if its not already deactivated. Press home x 3 back to the EMU selection screen, press red on the EVOCAMD to restart this.

When I get to EVOCAMB and press green (i can't see anything that states Autoupdate at this stage by the way) it turns EVOCAMD grey, which seems to be correct but where is it supposed to tell me about being activated/deactivated - I can't see this? Also, pressing yellow only sorts the menu into alphabetic order and nothing else.

If I go in an change the codes without changing the auto update, the codes are just changing back to the old ones.

One final thing; before I read all of these threads, I did do a channel scan, which I have since read you shouldn't do. I have deleted all of the exatr channels that my box found but would that be having any effect?

I would really appreciate anyones help.

16. BEARGER

BEARGER Member

Thank a million, followed your instructions and had picture back in 5 minutes. So simple even a technophobe like me managed it. Thanks again.

17. billie22

billie22 Member

try this on a channel with no sound press blue twice press green then press ok if you dont get back to the screen press the back button or ok again the when on channel scroll up a couple of channels then down try this a couple of times to get sound if not the reboot, Good luck

18. g2k

g2k Member

I saw this a couple of days ago
    Code:
    http://www.4shared.com/dir/6423171/b5ad6d47/sharing.html
    u might get somethin useful from it :)
    Box needs to be in debug mode to start with, sounds like your box doesnt actualy have an image on it yet, other than that I dont know alot about this stuff, too complicated to get right into it :(

19. emmanneil

emmanneil Member

TO CHANGE THE AU TO OFF

Firstly go to the tux commander,
    look for a file called Camd not sure what file extension
    press 4 (edit mode)
    then look for AU this will be four lines long
    you are looking for the bit that is in the brackets ie (02)
    change this to (00)= Default ignore
    then press home and press red then home again and press red

hope this helps as i am not at my box at the moment

20. ralph99

ralph99 Member

Hi Guys

I have a D Box 2 with Blade 2 Xenafan Image. As per everyone else I've lost all of my channels. From reading the guides on this forum I understand that I need to enter a new code. But what code should I enter? I live in Dudley, West Mids, and am supplied by V***n.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.