1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia Dbox2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by waitsey, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elmo9191

Elmo9191 Member

thanx m8 pm sent

2. RandyRaji

RandyRaji Member

hi everyone. i'm having problems using direct recording with commando 6. i've set up a shared folder on my computer allowing other users to change and mounted it on the dbox changing from 'ro' to 'rw'. but when i try to record i get a message saying "the recording directory is not writable". in the shared folder a 0kb xml file is created. i have tried writing to this shared folder from other computers on the network and it is possible, so why not for the dbox. any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance

3. DBhoy

DBhoy Member

I set up my new d box yesterday, but there must be about 40-50 channels that comes up waiting for epg could anyone tell me what to do to get the channels. Bought the DBox from Germany but everything seems to be set to English ie using remote all menus in English. Is there a setting I need to change to access all channels so as channels are fixed?

Thanks in advance for any support.

4. codhunter

codhunter Member

just got a sagem dbox this morning. plugged it in and everything was fine for about 5 mins, then the sound went funny. a few minutes later the channels were all unavailable. ive done a service scan on both sym6887 and sym6952 but no channels were found. any help would be appreciated. don't know anything about these boxes apart from what i've read in this forum. thanx in advance.

5. codhunter

codhunter Member

just tried to scan again and found 301 channels. after 5 mins or so, the same thing happened again. sound went squelchy, then all channels were unavailable. is this box faulty, or is there something i can try? btw it has sportster pro image.

6. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Try ucode version 001A.

7. codhunter

codhunter Member

thanx 4 the reply mgb17, but could j
    you explain how to do this please. sorry to be a bother, but i am a complete m
    newbie to dbox. thanx.

8. codhunter

codhunter Member

mgb17 i have worked out how to check ucode and apparently i have ucode 001a. any other ideas?

9. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Reboot the box.
    Press the up arrow button and the standby button at the front panel of the box simultaniously. If the display changes release both buttons.

10. heathy

heathy Guest

hi i have d box 2 but carnt get channels unlocked can anyone help
    jackslou05@aol.com

11. codhunter

codhunter Member

Reboot the box.
    Press the up arrow button and the standby button at the front panel of the box simultaniously. If the display changes release both buttons.

tried this a few times, but still freezing after a few minutes. the guy who sold me the box says i need to flash the local area services xml file onto the box. i've kind of heard of this, but hes only a couple of miles from me. surely if he had no bother, then the services.xml file should be ok for me too, given the proximity. does anyone think this would solve my problem and if so, point me to the info/ instructions. thanx in advance

12. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

read the guides here; http://techno-source.co.uk/phpbb/index.php

13. sukhpal

sukhpal Member

14. heathy

heathy Guest

hi chris i get a view channels but no sport etc how do i get sporster

jackslou05@aol.com

15. chris0612

chris0612 Member

since that post above (which was a while ago )
    i have delved much deeper into dbox modding..and i can get any images to work.
    images work better in some areas more than others..also...the settings (cam..ucode) differ from area to area too.
    if u r struggling viewing premium channels (they show they r there ...but is a black screen)..then this is a KEY issue ..or a CAM issue.
    if the channels simply aint there ...then this is a services fault.
    cheers
    chris

16. heathy

heathy Guest

hi i get bbc but the moviies itv2 etc has for a coe but it wont let me key a code in

17. chris0612

chris0612 Member

only sky movies 9 should ask for a code because of the watershed.
    if there is a code lock on your dbox try 1111
    cheers

18. lfkggffff

lfkggffff Member

hi there, has anyone got any ideas whats wrong with my dbox2 system,my remote control is playing up,sometimes it works ok then sometimes it doesnt work at all,its had brand new batteries in,and its annoying me,lol. do i need a new remote ? thanks in advance

19. heathy

heathy Guest

hi chris we carnt get most channls they come up with key code lock any ideas

20. mezmill

mezmill Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.