1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia Dbox2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by waitsey, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scanna

scanna Member

Hi all im new to all this. On some of my channels im only getting the EPG showing what program should be on the screen and leaving the screen black with no sound. I've tried rescanning and still the same problem. Please can anyone help me. Thanks inadvance .Peace

2. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Wot image is it mate
    If you have EPG it is prob a cam or ucode setting that needs changing
    Or sig prob ,Lets do one at a time ............paul

3. scanna

scanna Member

Call me stupid but when you say image and cam what do you mean? I dont think its a signal fault as other channels work fine and i took my box to my mates house and still not showing all channels but his dbox worked fine. Thanks for your help Paul

4. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

When your box first comes on
    Wot does it say
    and wot pic does it display on screen ............paul

5. scanna

scanna Member

My image is neutrino.

6. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Yer half way there
    Wots the image again ..........It will say
    Need more info to advance you to more channels ................Paul

7. bernardg

bernardg Member

Hi. I have looked through a lot of the guides, but cannot get an obvious answer to my question.

My Dbox2 has just arrived, which I purchased from a German EBay site (http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150133295077&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=005). It is in DEBUG mode and it comes with UK Neutrino Image pre-installed. The seller has told me that it has "Sportster Pro 1.08 rc007 2x" already installed.

I live in Dublin 14. My cable provider is N*L. I connected the SCART to the TV, booted up the box. The box appears to boot up fine. Then, I went to the 'Service Scan' menu option, selected 'Scan for Services -> All', 'Bouquet' -> 'Update', 'Cable Provider' -> tried all 3 available, 'Fast Scan' -> 'On', then selected 'Start Scan'

The 3 'Cable Provider' options available were BruteForceUK, 6887 and another one (cant remember).

The system spent about 15 seconds scanning (on all 3 I tried), and then a message appeared along the lines 'Finished scanning Transponder', but no channels have been added/updated, and the original list of channels that came with the box still appears (AND NO NEW CHANNELS) and do not work.

What do you suggest that I do? Someone suggested that before I run my scan - hit the blue button on the remote and set my location. I will be home later on this evening to try this, but thought I would check with you in advance to see if I am on the right track.

I am aware that there are cables.xml and services.xml and bouqets.xml files available for different areas. Should I get these, or is it possible, and better advised to generate these automatically first time round? It is this part that I am very unclear about. Ideally, I would like to avoid having to connect it to my computer (Mac) to get it up and running initially.

Also, I notice that my Apple Macbook Pro does not have an RS-232 port for my null modem cable, but I do have a ethernet port for use with my crossover ethernet cable.

Regards,
    BennyG

8. dmully

dmully Member

CAN ANYONE HELP I TRY TO RESCAN MY NOKIA DBOX BUT IT IS SAYING NO CHANNELS FOUND AND ALL I CAN SEE IS A V*RGIN ADVERTISEMENT TELLING YOU HOW TO USE THEIR SERVICES

9. scanna

scanna Member

sportser 1.6
    base image 2.0
    power pc linux
    kernel image type (g zip compressed)
    Neutrino ng
    Does this help paul??????/

10. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Try Blue button on remot
    Sportster settings
    Emu selection
    Restart cam
    You will do no harm messing with these settings .........Lets know .........Paul

11. scanna

scanna Member

Paul you are the man. Give thanks to your genius understanding of the dbox all seems fine now. But why did it mess up in the first place? Thanks again.

12. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Happens now and again mate
    See you around ..............Paul

13. qam1

qam1 Member

Hi
    I have recently purchased Nokia dbox2 and when I tried to go to the Service menu, it asked me for a 4 digit password! The same also happened when I went to Child Lock menu. Not sure if this is realted to the image (Pacino) that is already on the dbox. Please help!

14. scanna

scanna Member

Most channels appear to their but some are still blank. Tried re doing what you 1st said but no change. Any ideas if not no worries i can live with those that are lost. Thanks again.

15. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

A rescan should get them back on mate no worries ......Paul

16. butcherb

butcherb Member

Could anyone tell me how to update a "Nokia Dbox2" it came from Germany and it was already flashed. There doesn’t seem to be many channels ei, 112 channels.I have done the service scan and it came up with 303 transponders what ever that mean lol. There are no sky movie channels or MTV or E4. Could anyone help with this?

Many Thanks
    Thomas

17. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

How have you got your scan set up mate
    Wot image you running ...........Paul

18. butcherb

butcherb Member

can i connect my d-box to the net 2 get full pictures wat is a smart card i was told about my friend has a box 4 cable only how does that work

19. risheet03

risheet03 Member

guys i wonder if any of you can help my dbox2 has suddenly gone bananas and wont load past the "lade" screen on the lcd, it simply starts up i see "betaresearch" as usual then goes to lade" and goes right back to betaresearch its restarting itself constantly and won't go further. i cant flash it because the box keeps restarting itself lol. any ideas p.s. if you live in leicestershire let me know cause this might need some real help.

20. beta1

beta1 Guest

hi.
    need help!.
    all my channels from my dbox have gone.
    any ideas on how i can reset them?

please excuse my lack of knowledge, as i am very new to this
    thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.