1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia Dbox2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by waitsey, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricdogg

lyricdogg Member

bruteforce. scan for all service but it now shows kabel deutscheland and no brute force. how do i reflash or put new image.

2. glic83

glic83 Regular member

you could ftp the new image on dont forget if your staying with commando you need to put on the keys, or you could get an image like blade trinity that has them included

3. lyricdogg

lyricdogg Member

how do i ftp this. am a novice at this. ta

4. glic83

glic83 Regular member

you need to click on the "ftp" thats in blue on your own post then this directs you to another page then download a program i use filezilla then you need to set up a network between your computer and dbox and transfer the file onto the box it goes into the temp directory as far as i know but im not 100%,bigdunc should be able to confirm which it is , then when the file is on the box you do a manual update

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  5. gojet

gojet Member

hey guys if any of u are using firefox ..well this is this the plugin u all want 2 ftp great tool ...

[​IMG]

you will find it hear

6. lyricdogg

lyricdogg Member

how do i get bruteforce on my cable provider the scan for services

7. gojet

gojet Member

just press on remote dbox/service/servicescan/ move dwn to cable provider just keep pressing ok on remote ..it will be there if image supports it ..on blade its all uk scanning or u pick ur area u want

good luck

8. lyricdogg

lyricdogg Member

i keep pressing it but it's only showing kabel deutscheland. i use to get bruteforce but after a channel scan, it doesn't work anymore and no channel is showing. pls help.

9. gojet

gojet Member

lyricdogg have u tryed setting ur location and picking ur town first ..with the blue button 2 c if that helps. when u pick ur town it will reboot good luck

10. glic83

glic83 Regular member

did you put on a new image or are you still trying to get the old one working my advice flash it with a new image

11. gojet

gojet Member

yes and i must agree with glic83 ..it is much easy to put new image back on

12. Supanova1

Supanova1 Member

Also if you read all the entries from the start to the end it will answer all of your questions and you sill learn even more things to do with your Dbox2.....it takes time but its worth it. Good Luck

13. Aidanq

Aidanq Member

Hopefully sombody can help me here. I have got a new dbox and flashed it with 2 different images but still when i go to scan for channels none appear. It goes through the different transponders and frequencys but no channels are found. Im i doing somthing stupid here??

14. gojet

gojet Member

did u set ur location ???on commando its blue button on remote then sellect set my location then pick ur town if there is 2 of them try each 1 good luck

15. Aidanq

Aidanq Member

Thanks gojet but all ready tried that. Just cant get my head round it!!

16. gojet

gojet Member

well in service service scan ..just make sure u got cable provider and the symbol rate the same and fast scan on

Make sure the sym rate is correct ie 6952 telly*est 6887 Nthell

if u done all this well try anther image i like commando 8.2

17. Aidanq

Aidanq Member

This will b the 3rd image iv flashed and still no channels. I know im missin somthing here but what. The Scan just wont pick anything up so if there is anybody that can help i would b greatful.

18. razo100

razo100 Member

hi everone.sorry but i am a complete newbie to this and everyone on this thread sounds like they have every answer i need.thinking of investing in a dbox2.i am living in ireland and i was just wondering does anyone an epg guide to email to me just to see what can be received here??i have a 6mb chorus/ntl broadband (no tv subscription) line and i was also just wondering if this line definetly can be split for the use of the dbox??if so, what do i need to split it??thanks.

19. Aidanq

Aidanq Member

Continued on frm last post.
    This is my 2nd dbox that im flashing but with no luck when it comes to getting channels. On the dbox that is working the settings are -

scan for service - all services
    bouquet - leave current
    provider - bruieforce for uk
    fast scarn - off
    Network ID - 41042
    frequency - 666750
    symbol rate - 6952

I have tried changing the settings on the new dbox to the above and again scanin but still no channels appear.
    It cant be the feed thats goin in2 the dbox as it works fine in the other dbox.
    Does anybody have a clue here cause im starting to think that the box connection could be faulty and thats y its not picking up channels.

20. gojet

gojet Member

jesus that box giving u hell m8 ..just wonderd if u tryed saving ur Bouquet & Services : /var/tuxbox/config/zapit from the box thats ok ..and then ftp over 2 the box that not working .then in service/1 reload channel list ... 2 c weather u get any joy then ????

mine u it did not work 4 me m8 but worth the try ..anyway good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.