1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia Dbox2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by waitsey, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Tardis was a fave of mine
    But updates come and go
    Try restarting the cam on it mate
    Net ids mean nothing to me without Location And SP .........Paul

2. bryandir

bryandir Regular member

cheers bigdunc.

i just flashed it with the same sportster image as i have (sportster v1.7 uko5) that image has been perfect for about a year and a half for me now.no probs at all.

i got the box up n running for my friends 70 year old auntie..thats my good deed done for this side of 2007!!

just one more question,how do i get an xml file with chanel bouquetsonto the dbox....is its just the same as flashing?do i use the flashing assisitant?

cheers mate!

bryan

3. derek36

derek36 Member

hi all,what is the best image to use that is going about just now?

4. scubar

scubar Member

hi mate which box you using??

5. derek36

derek36 Member

nokia dbox2 with sportster 1.7 uk5.

6. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

I would use Easy D Box 123,Forall image services and bow ks ................Paul

7. joepodge

joepodge Member

Please could tell me where I can D/L East dbox 123

8. kolet123

kolet123 Guest

9. pjam10

pjam10 Member

Hi Fellas

Can anybody point me to the Dbox2 command tools and recent images
    as I've been away for 7 weeks and returned to find my Nokia Dbox2 has only about 10 channels that can be viewed...Dohh!!
    Thanks Guys

10. Happydaze

Happydaze Member

OK, the story so far… This summer I got myself a Nokia DB2 (cable type) pre flashed with Nutrino & Commander v6 incl. all the bells & whistles for UK cable. I then took it to sunny Spain where there is available freeview channels (plus a few extras) pumped into the apartment by Telmicro Es. I was hoping to create a new cable.xml with Bruteforce, but got absolutely nothing, not a sausage!
    mgb17 kindly provided me with instructions to modify/replace the existing cable.xml which I did but still nothing.
    My understanding of Telmicro is they ‘capture’ the freeview BBC / ITV channels from Sky Satellite via a massive dish on their office roof (I’ve seen it, it’s HUGE !) which they then transmit to a community aerial near to my apartment, then the signal is pumped into the apartments via cable.
    If this makes sense to anyone…. I’m now thinking perhaps I should have bought a Sat.type DB2 ? can anyone help. Cheers

11. mvaz

mvaz Member

Hello guys, I recently bought a dbox2 from and it worked well for a few minutes, and then, as I was changing the channels, the tv screen went blank, the dbox lcd display went blank and all I can see on the dbox is a little green light; when pressed the home button on the remote the dbox lcd displays loading kernel message and then the same happens...like it goes blank on tv, and the green light on the dbox. Would someone out there know what is wrong with the dbox? Guys, any help would be of GREAT help and much appreciated. - Thanks a lot in advance.

12. BigKnack

BigKnack Member

I flashed my dbox sucesfully with a new image, but still had no channels after a scan, so I deceided to flash it again with a different image (bad move) The dbox now won't load properly, it just has some screen on it with a load of version numbers and details and it says at the bottom no image. How can I load the previous image?....or any image???? is it ruined? I have all the necessary equipment, cross-over cables, null modem (RS232) etc.

13. bubbass

bubbass Member

just had the same problem flash it with IFA THIS SHOULD PUT IT RIGHT.........JIMMY

14. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Sounds like redistributed RF signal rather than a true cable signal so the dbox is no use.

15. BigKnack

BigKnack Member

Hey, PJam, are you on NTL MMDS? just wondering because my brother sesm to have the exact same problem, were you able to solve it?

16. AB007

AB007 Member

Hi, Sorry to but in. Anyone know how to get to the 'scan for channels' option in the menu. I cant find it anywhere. I've only just got this dbox and seems really complicated. It running sportster whatever that is. Cheers

17. lockettb

lockettb Member

hi there is any one having the same probem where the movie channels have got audio describsion on them it so annoying.
    what is a better image i have allways had sportster but everyone seems to talk about commando.
    cheers in advance.
    ben

18. pjam10

pjam10 Member

Hi BigKnack

No I,m still hoping someone will help me out with a new image for my box .I'll let you know if I get it sorted.

19. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

D box
    Service menu
    service scan

20. grim6666

grim6666 Member

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP ive just bought a d box and hardly getting any channels please can anyone help me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.