1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia Dbox2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by waitsey, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

Hey someone help ASAP if ya can i have a 2x Dbox2 have commando on it keeps jumping etc now have a few images for it to update inless u give me a better one im in dublin plus when i FTP into the box whats the username , password etc to connect then after that what files do i replace to put the proper servive and Brog files in PLS neeed help fast as i need to get this box fixed for tomorrow

2. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Try changeing cams and ucodes Befor you reflash mate
    Thats a top image
    Ftp =
    user =root
    pass=commando
    Good Luck...................Paul

3. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

i did but a load wankie shit still the same ven the likes of my local channels like TV3 etc is jumping

4. oggnogg

oggnogg Regular member

Hey do have the sevive and Bruq files for Commando 6 image handy if so can u upload them onto my link below i will try it

5. jh74

jh74 Member

does anybody know where i can get the latest `Image`’Bouquets’ and ‘Services’ files from for the glasgow area?
    Thanks

6. gojet

gojet Member

hear you go pjam10
    take a look here

hope this helps you and good luck

[​IMG]

7. pjam10

pjam10 Member

Thanks Fella

You have restored my faith in humanity.

Have a good Xmas

Nick

8. hank1234

hank1234 Guest

Hi there,

I have both the cable and the satellite version of the Nokia DBox 2. The variety works fine with Neutrino and Evocam no problems apart from the occasional reboot.

The satellite version is a different kettle of fish altogether. I am on the Hotbird 13 Satellite with Sky, Got a sky card but subscription anymore - i can get all the channels listed ok and can watch some of them but cannot access the encrypted channels.

Also the Sat version of this box has not Ethernet port just the SCSI and the RS232 and the telephone ports.

I am assuming there is something wrong with the CAM part of the system
    as i had a similar problem on the cable box until I turned on EVOCAM.

The CAM on the SAT box says it is on, it seems to have a unique ID and 0000 000 0509 is dispalyed as part of the info
    (or something like that)

How do I get this box to unlock channels do I need to put a key file in \var\tuxbox and if so how.

Do I have to use a null modem since the box has no TCP (ethernet) port
    Anyone know where I get the correct decryption files.

thanks

hank

9. steve2612

steve2612 Member

I have a Nokia Dbox running Commando 6 and am using N*L in the Dublin area. I have ~146 channels but I cannot pick up LFC TV. I have found threads here that provide the frequency but I cannot make the Dbox pick it up. I am directly editing the services.xml and bouquet.xml files but still no luck.

Can anyone help here?

Thanks,
    Steve

10. eddiewoo

eddiewoo Member

Hi can anyone help me i need boquets and service files for manchester ex.c.w
    manythanks

11. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Wot Box ....Paul

12. saj31

saj31 Member

hi
    i knw this is a nokia thread but i need help with a sagem dbox dv3 and this seems to be the only decent responsive thread.
    i've had the box for a while and after i done the first scan and setup the bouquets it worked fine but whenever after that i tried to do this again it just crashes so i cant get any new channels or change the bouquet.
    any help would be appreciated
    thanks

13. tippy1982

tippy1982 Member

Hello everyone

Can someone help me, I have a D-box2, I have around 130 channels which is fine but I have a friend who has 350+ channels including channels like setanta sports one which I haven’t got, we both have the same boxes, live a couple of streets apart I’ve checked every menu and all the codes and settings are the same, the only difference is that use different provider to me, they use cableuk(and four numbers) and I use bruteforceuk (something like that), this provider is the only way I can get channels. So can anybody help please.

14. gojet

gojet Member

hi ya saj31]hi...well if the box runs up ok try too get ur services bouquets for ur area or if u got them saved .and use Bouquet Wizard to put them back to ur box .then you dont need to do a scan ..or try new image as this always works for me better andromeda seem good in the sagem what i have read .but i have not tryed it yet i like blade or commando good luck ..oh just read back in the posts you will find lots of info too read

15. gojet

gojet Member

hi ya tippy1982 ..you could take the box round to his house and try a scan and use the same setting he has on his box..to compare .to see if any better at his place .then take it back home too see if its ok at yours ???? good luck

16. tippy1982

tippy1982 Member

Thanks,
    We was talking about swapping boxes to see what happens, I do have another two mates that have the same problems as me, I let you know of the outcome.

17. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Wot image is on your box Mate
    For better results update your image for one with Net id scanning to get all channels ..............Paul

18. tippy1982

tippy1982 Member

I believe its commander 6, to be honest, I am picking it up as I go along, I brought the box with it already set up, I just plugged it in and scanned for channels.

so "For better results update your image for one with Net id scanning to get all channels" is lost on me abit, lol, I think I know what you mean, but wouldn’t have a clue how to update things.

I also believe the image is the same as my mates that has all the channels

19. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Comm 6 already has net id scanning included
    Try Blue button
    set my location
    Net id scanning
    Choose the area were you live push ok
    Box will reboot and be ready for Scanning your Area .....................Paul

20. saj31

saj31 Member

cheers gojet, i was thinking about flashin it but ive never dun it before and i dont want to mess it up but thanks anyway. by the way is the cable u need 2 connect it 2 ur pc just an ethernet cable??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.